Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am BetrayedAmerican (we are all betrayed americans)

I write this in an attempt to not only educate myself, but to give a possibility that others will learn from it as well. We currently live in a time of unrest where neighbors, friends, and family are torn apart. There is a saying "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". History has told time and time again of a people under distress of a tyrannical government. History tells time and time again of that tyrannical government killing hundreds of thousands if not into the millions of people for sake of their cause.

There is another statement made famous credited mostly to a one Winston Church that reads as follows "History shall be written by the victors". True claim, and credit to this quote is unobtainable, as the final word is often changed to either winners or conquerors, but the power of it's truth still remains. What is the meaning of all this? Why am I giving a history lesson as Part 1 to my online Prepper guide?

One statement, this one originally believed to be made famous by Sir Francis Bacon states "Organized Knowledge is Power" we generally know the simpler version "Knowledge is Power". Now that I am on the subject of sayings here is one more and one of my favorites as its truth is outstanding, it reads as follows "The tongue is mightier than the sword".

Knowledge is a power in and of itself. Knowledge alone under extreme certain circumstances can and will keep you alive. To know history is to know what to possibly expect again, almost like battle planning and simulations. History has told us of these types of governments and how many fought and lost trying to stop it. Here is where the prepping aspect begins.

1. Know your enemy- in this case there is no enemy but that of uncertainty. An enemy is out there like a ghost in the darkness, but with proper planning, personal dedication, and sacrifice there may be a change in history when the ghosts show themselves and the enemy is revealed.

2. Know your capabilities- knowledge can only go so far but knowledge alone will not get your pork chop eating ass up a hill or across a 2 mile marker in 13 minutes flat. (Self Note) Know what you can do and what needs to be improved.

3. Know your contingency plans- There should be at least 3 to 4 plans. Plan one. I must do this, this, this, this, and that. Then there is
Plan 2, alright I got this far but this happened. What do I do now? What if this happens? One must always have a plan, a backup for that plan, and a minimal or a backup plan in the event the first backup didn't work.

Gain as much knowledge as you can and apply it.

Please do not post on this thread, likes and PM's will be fine but I ask that none actually post on here as this is a guide for me and others... It will make it a lot easier if they can go through it like it is a book. Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part 1a

What are the essentials for any good prepper?

1. Housing- Without a place to live you have nothing. A nomad or wanderer can only get so far. It might be a supper long time but eventually they tend to fall alone or blend into a group somewhere. So housing is important. A place to begin.

2. Land- though 3000 acres with a house smack dab in the middle would be amazing, it is not feasible to the common person. On the other hand a back yard is your land. This is where your knowledge comes in. My yard isn't that big and I want a garden what do I do? Vertical Gardening shed maybe mixed with a little Hydroponics. Turn a tiny area into the equivalent of an acre of crops. (Highly exaggerated, MAYBE) Use what you have to the fullest, waste not want not.

3. Water- The key to live itself. Water in my opinion is more important than food as the body can live off of fat stores and little sustenance for a lot longer than the body can live without water. Now it is my personal belief that one should know about their city water, well water, spring water, and or any other system into which water can be gathered or at least found. (In my area I have city water. The water is filtered by the city chlorinated and cleaned then filtered again through the sink in my home. There are no wells on my property as I live in town. And I know of a very very good spring that pumps water all summer long and is shut down in the winter. When all else fails, I know where the source of that spring water is being pumped from in an abandoned mine and I can get it from there, filtering it of course.)

4. Food- Canned commercially, canned at home with mason jars, boxed foods, bagged foods, vacuum sealed, all of these are ways into prep. Storage space and inventory of stock is important. Rotation is a huge factor in that as well.
This individual took what she had and ran with it... Great job. Nutrition is key and you must store what you like. If you will not eat what you store, not only have you wasted space but potentially hurt yourself or someone else in the process.

5. Utilities- One way shape or form humans have gotten to reliant on tools and power grid utilities. It is time that we learn to go old school or new school, using hand cranking drill bits and lathes or something more modern like solar panel and wind generators. This is a skill set that will be very detrimental to the success of any family or group project.

These are 5 quick things off the top of my head to continue with this but I think I will devote a post for each one and explain a little better and possibly link some videos to it, in order to make it more appealing to the eye.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sorry, but I am going to have to make a post concerning #3 in the first post.
From Robert Burns poem "To a Mouse".
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley,
Translated in modern times to say, The best laid plans of mice and Men will often go awry.
The moral of our story? One needs to be flexible for Mr. Murphy will surely bite you in the ass.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will continue it again tomorrow but it is 11:15pm and I am needing to go to bed soon. I have HUGE PLANS for this so long as people do not off track it with post that have nothing to do with what I am talking about hence why I asked for no reply...

I do thank you for the comment though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello, I am BetrayedAmerican (we are all betrayed americans)

I write this in an attempt to not only educate myself, but to give a possibility that others will learn from it as well. We currently live in a time of unrest where neighbors, friends, and family are torn apart. There is a saying "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". History has told time and time again of a people under distress of a tyrannical government. History tells time and time again of that tyrannical government killing hundreds of thousands if not into the millions of people for sake of their cause.

There is another statement made famous credited mostly to a one Winston Church that reads as follows "History shall be written by the victors". True claim, and credit to this quote is unobtainable, as the final word is often changed to either winners or conquerors, but the power of it's truth still remains. What is the meaning of all this? Why am I giving a history lesson as Part 1 to my online Prepper guide?

One statement, this one originally believed to be made famous by Sir Francis Bacon states "Organized Knowledge is Power" we generally know the simpler version "Knowledge is Power". Now that I am on the subject of sayings here is one more and one of my favorites as its truth is outstanding, it reads as follows "The tongue is mightier than the sword".

Knowledge is a power in and of itself. Knowledge alone under extreme certain circumstances can and will keep you alive. To know history is to know what to possibly expect again, almost like battle planning and simulations. History has told us of these types of governments and how many fought and lost trying to stop it. Here is where the prepping aspect begins.

1. Know your enemy- in this case there is no enemy but that of uncertainty. An enemy is out there like a ghost in the darkness, but with proper planning, personal dedication, and sacrifice there may be a change in history when the ghosts show themselves and the enemy is revealed.

2. Know your capabilities- knowledge can only go so far but knowledge alone will not get your pork chop eating ass up a hill or across a 2 mile marker in 13 minutes flat. (Self Note) Know what you can do and what needs to be improved.

3. Know your contingency plans- There should be at least 3 to 4 plans. Plan one. I must do this, this, this, this, and that. Then there is
Plan 2, alright I got this far but this happened. What do I do now? What if this happens? One must always have a plan, a backup for that plan, and a minimal or a backup plan in the event the first backup didn't work.

Gain as much knowledge as you can and apply it.

Please do not post on this thread, likes and PM's will be fine but I ask that none actually post on here as this is a guide for me and others... It will make it a lot easier if they can go through it like it is a book. Thanks.
All true statements right there!:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am currently taking requests as to what people would like to hear or would like to see in this thread. I will go from top to bottom addressing them all in order as they appear and to my knowledge. I know there are some things out there that I will need to have blank for a while but I can assure you I will study long and hard until I have a grasp for the bits I dont know...

This is how it will work.. I will announce (Name meaning user tag) of the person that wants the information... Then I will post my methods ideas and knowledge on it. Ending with a thank you... to the contribution to this thread...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Haha
A good joke, really who are you?

I don't believe you really are a person unless you are making a 0bscure point.

Really you want shelter before water???

What kind of moron would chose shelter before a. water and b. food???!!!

I am guessing this is a test of who is a moron on the site and who is not because YOU are a intellectual moron

...... waiting for reply

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yet again Montana Rancher you have proven you are an asshole. Take a look back at all of your comments and read them from the perspective of another individual.. There are those topics and times when the hard truths and some stern talk is needed... but to come across as an asshole all the time is not needed...

Now watch any (Moron) as you call them and what is the very first thing you seek... SHELTER. Or at least a spot for shelter... Then you look for water and food... How good is water and food when you have a freezing rain coming in. If any other MORON out there thinks as I do please feel free to step in... If not maybe I have been going about this the wrong way... Regardless it is not as if the level of importance was stated in what number sequence was used.

Thanks for adding unneeded posts to what was intended to be a decent thread for people to learn and me to place notes....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that has proven me a human as in anger I responded.. Now I will not retract anything as like a bullet once the gun goes off it is to late to call it back... Asshole is to steep a word and for that I ask your forgiveness but to come off the way you do on a lot of your posts is unneeded....

I asked my father and my sisters bf if lost or in the woods what would be the first thing you seek... Shelter was the common answer.... Now maybe I should have listen in order of importance in which case I may have replied just the same... Overall shelter and a place you will stay is the number one because without it you risk injury or death to the elements.... Now if you have an established shelter or home then finding water is your immediate secondary NEED.....

Again forgive the rudeness of my end... Short fuse lately which is no excuse... I hope you can look past the harsh words and take this post for what it was supposed to be...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Moron

Ok you initially stated
1.houseing
2. land
3. water
4. food

Its hard to deny the truth as you can go about 8 post up and see exactly what I am saying, unless your are the mainstream media and deny you actually said what you posted

My point was
1. Housing will not be the most basic need
2. Land will NOT be the most basic need
3. Water should have been #1
4. Food is number 2

Let me educate your completely immature mind as to real survival

1. is water
2. is security (that means guns to your liberal understanding)
3. is food
4. is shelter, unless you have 1-3 then you lose.

You really piss me off and I have NEVER said that to anyone else on this forum, please prove me wrong and prove why anything you promote is better than the 4 tenants above.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Moron

Ok you initially stated
1.houseing
2. land
3. water
4. food

Its hard to deny the truth as you can go about 8 post up and see exactly what I am saying, unless your are the mainstream media and deny you actually said what you posted

My point was
1. Housing will not be the most basic need
2. Land will NOT be the most basic need
3. Water should have been #1
4. Food is number 2

Let me educate your completely immature mind as to real survival

1. is water
2. is security (that means guns to your liberal understanding)
3. is food
4. is shelter, unless you have 1-3 then you lose.

You really piss me off and I have NEVER said that to anyone else on this forum, please prove me wrong and prove why anything you promote is better than the 4 tenants above.
It appears the person I was arguing against has been banned, sorry for the inconvience

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It appears the person I was arguing against has been banned, sorry for the inconvience
A page refreshing has let me believe that this person has NOT been banned, sorry my prejudice was leaning that way.

Seriously you freeking bastard, bring on your subjective reality, I am unafraid.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright I have done right in my eyes by apologizing and asking your forgiveness from here if you continue the name calling that is fine...

It is simple you have your methods and I have mine... I know how to gain water with hardly any water around so long as the tools to do it are available which in a BOB they are.... I know how to hunt and scavenge for food as I know all the edibles and non edibles in my area and state... So for me Shelter is the number one.....

You on the other hand are a firm believer in that water and food are the first and shelter is only after you have the first two.

If you are lost and there is a rain storm coming as asked earlier, what is your first objective, water or shelter from the storm that can set in a cold, flu, hypothermia.....

To have a place to base out of in my opinion is first and formost as then you have defendable ground and something to build on... Now dont get me wrong in order to build a good shelter one must have water and food to make it but one can build a lean to on almost no energy and it is not much but enough to keep a little dryer in the rain... if the rain comes that solves your water problem and then food is a needed aspect as well but if you are smart you will have plenty of water even from a small rain to continue building your shelter up to par... Then food is easy... fresh rain animal tracks are easy to spot and follow... follow any deer runway for long enough and you will find your food....

As I believe I have defended my point even if just a tiny little bit I will await a response.

Personally I think someone is a little offended by a previously made thread.... cant say just yet though...

Oh and for everyone following this for it's intended value forgive me, I will post another one soon. I will have it built a lot better though. I will have several posts ready before hand and post in succession in order to prevent this and other unneeded posts from happening.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Water food vs shelter I feel like I am stepping into a war. But I would say it depends on where you are the time of year ect. As of right now in Kentucky shelter would be my main priority. Food would actually be a little ways down the list as you can go a long time without food.

I am not sure it really matters which one is considered the most important because in a few month period you will die unless you have all three. Shelter could be as simple as a tent, cave, or any place to keep dry and warm.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
BetrayedAmerican
I think you are doing just fine.
It helps to see what others are doing and why they put things together the way they do.
In a sub zero blizzard, I'd be looking for shelter first then water and food.
The first thing I do is assess the situation. From the assessment I then know how to prioritize my needs.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I really think based upon your last post that we could be good friends,

My problem is that based upon you previous comments

" I write this in an attempt to not only educate myself, but to give a possibility that others will learn from it as well."

I live in a desert climate (western Montana) and so 1 water and 2 food are THE basic concerns. Of course the weather will play a bit into that but here weather is at times 20 below zero?

I am guessing most of us could do that so my point stands, you have to have 3 days of water or else you die or 90 days of food or else you will (probably) die, Anybody here that can live for 30 days in a tent and a sleeping bag HERE could live out the worst conditions you can imagine.

I am not sure you are sincere.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Montana when I was younger there was a bully in school, I took a beating at least once a week from him and his buddies. My father asked why I would allow that as I was bigger than any of them. I told him because he has his friends. My dad then goes on to tell me that if you pick them off alone one by one they are nothing without numbers... I then beat the tar out of every one of them on a one on one... Getting my butt kicked for doing so but then it came time I met said bully alone one day... We had it out and I broke his nose and he fractured a rib on my left side... After that day we had so much respect for the toughness one another showed that we became best friends....

The story applies here, you are not a bully but I will fight my side as you will yours and then after I look to the possibility that an agreement can be made that there are so many variables that one must consider that neither you nor myself are right in this situation. In the desert shelter is what you can throw over you to keep you from the cold at night. in the desert it is a hole dug in to keep you out of the sun... All that digging and finding shelter will parch you in a arid desert climate and thus dehydrate and potentially kill you... Point taken.....

In my situation. Somewhat decent elevation. Super hot days and very humid. Sweating is inescapable. This is also a dehydration threat but with me you can find rivers streams springs and or water from plants easy easy easy... In the colder months rains can and will set in hypothermia quickly...

I think right there I have taken into account both sides of the story and admitted to where both are correct... No apply that visa versa and will it be the same... No...

I am writing this in an attempt to end the argument and potentially gain another friend... You are a hard ass or so you appear to be but everyone needs one of those in a circle of friends... Both barrels straight from the hip tell you how it is type... Only other I met so far like that is my father of whom I hold at the highest regard.

Again awaiting response and future post for this thread...

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Betrayed - Please keep rolling with your posts on this topic.

I do agree with a couple of the other posters that priorities really depend on where you are at the time. Here in Minnesota, being surrounded by ice and snow 6 months a year and rivers and lakes the other 6 months, having enough water is really not an issue. Having too much water is a different story. Thus, in my area now shelter would usually be a priority, especially in the spring and fall. At our land in Arizona, the opposite might be true depending on the season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts