Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Best Zombie Weapon?

24K views 139 replies 87 participants last post by  jro1 
#1 ·
I'm going to pick a Katana or Crowbar.

Katana is silent and efficient and gives you reach, never runs out of ammo, and looks BADASS!

A Crowbar (which everybody should have in their home/BOB kits) has multiple uses and is great for smashing skulls, popping open doors, just an all around good utility tool!

Of course none are as fun as a nice semi-auto rifle....yum.

Your thoughts?

#2 ·
acidlittle said:
I'm going to pick a Katana or Crowbar.

Katana is silent and efficient and gives you reach, never runs out of ammo, and looks BADASS!

A Crowbar (which everybody should have in their home/BOB kits) has multiple uses and is great for smashing skulls, popping open doors, just an all around good utility tool!

Of course none are as fun as a nice semi-auto rifle....yum.

Your thoughts?
A machette! Yes, I love them! Also a shotgun of course.

#13 ·
I used to have a crowbar in the CR-V, and funny story. They were cutting me out of it, and the firefighter saw my maglite so he tries to distract me from the pain by going "What, you been hitting people with this?" and I was like "No, that's what the crowbar is for." and he looked past it and was like "Oh"

#11 ·
A Ruger 10/22 with an archangel light weight synthetic stock with bayonet, good scope/laser light combo, a small aluminum bipod, extended magazines with magazine doublers and suppressor with a backpack of .22 subsonic ammo. The subsonic ammo and suppressor would make very little noise .22 can do alot of damage if you get good shot placement so the scope and laser light combo for a good shot accuracy and the bipod to keep it steady. You can carry thousands of rounds of .22 and it is easy to find but when I run out of ammo I would use the bayonet. The light weight synthedic stock would hold up great and help compensate for some of the weight of the extra gear on the gun better than a heavy wooded stock. Then again I'm assuming they are typical headshot takedown zombies not the night of the living dead 2 and 3 unkillable zombies

#14 ·
a spear? idk lol i figure with that i dont have to get too close to them. i like the chainsaw idea but what next if your out of gas? the machetes,what if they get stuck on somebodys skull? i figure with a spear ill have time to run if i have to and prob time to get it back if it gets stuck . now a shot gun thats in my opinion the perfect weapon till youre out of ammo.flame thrower also good,but in my opinion ..... what if they still walk and attack you. i guess i watch too many zombie flicks,them movies rocks :)

#15 ·
I'm not sure there is a "best" so I have several. Most are in the 45 cal family :)

#19 ·
I really love the USA, you guys can buy guns as easy as buying a soda pop..:)
Here in Britain guns are practically banned and you can get arrested simply for saying the word "gun".
Over here we'll have to defend ourselves against zombs by poking their eyes out with a stick..

#27 ·
Walking Dead fan here. Biggest thing I always bring up is that they are slow as hell. A brisk walk is probably your best defense. All zombies seem to have a bum leg/knee/ankle and are limping. Is it me or couldn't you just walk the hell away??

Best weapons if I have to pick - .22 pistol and a .22 rifle. Doesn't take much to drop them, so why carry all that heavy equipment and ammo??

#29 ·
Just started watching The Walking Dead. If it has taught me anything, it is that the crossbow is the ultimate zombie killer. My wife even commented tonight that she thinks we should get a crossbow. That is after we aquire a deuce and a half which she has decicded is the ultimate bug out vehicle. Man, I love that lady.

#51 ·
Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper there! My wife and I are die-hard TWD on AMC fans and my BOV is a 1972 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce bobbed down to a 4X4 with the M105 trailer bed and leaf springs. When I decided I wanted a bobbed deuce, I started doing tons of online research and watched about every deuce video I could find on youtube. Once I found the deuce I have now, I've done everything within my ability to make this into a "go-anywhere repair shop on wheels" kind of vehicle that would serve as a daily driver until the SHTF, in which case grab what I need and head for the BOL. Now that I own the truck of my dreams, I've learned so much more about how versatile these trucks really are!

The 465LDT Multifuel Hypercycle (diesel) engine means that the old motor oil in the bottles behind the garages of about half the home owners in America is the best source of free fuel you can get for this beast. Just pour it through a strainer sock right into the fuel tank. The engine-mounted air compressor provides the air pressure needed for the brake assist, horns, and windshield wipers. I have quick-connect couplers in certain positions on the air system in my deuce where I can connect a hose and run air tools, or fill tires. The 24-volt electrical system can be used to weld steel using a pair of jumper cables, a pair of Vise-Grips, and some 6013 arc welding electrodes. I also carry an air-powered barrel pump that I can use to scavenge fuel, be it from barrels, oil pans in abandoned cars (it's an option in an emergency). I currently have 3 55-gallon plastic barrels that I'll use to carry spare fuel as well as 2 5-gallon jerry cans. Between those and the truck's own 50-gallon fuel tank, I can now carry 220 gallons of fuel which since I bobbed the truck and took it down to just about 9500 pounds and my last milage estimate was around 15 to 18 MPG, giving me a fuel/distance range of about 3300 miles before I have to take on fuel. In an actual SHTF situation, the city will be the worst place you can be and getting out along with your family, your ride, and your balls in tact will be of the highest importance so it makes sense to have a vehicle that can push most obstacles out of your way without too much time lost. If the SHTF event happens to be an EMP or large X-class CME, anything with electronic fuel injection or ignition just might turn out to be a lawn ornament. The mechanical injection pump in the deuce means no electronics or even electricity are needed to keep the engine running. The list of pros on these trucks are WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than the cons list! If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll help with any info I can provide. :grin:

I threw in a before and after set of my deuce so you can see the difference her diet made. :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.