Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I saw on the show "Sons of Guns" (Red Jacket Firearms) where they modified a 10-22 and added a bayonet to it. Could come in handy if you actually run out of ammo or need to reload. Considering that one bite could kill you, I would want to keep some distance between them and me especially if you are talking about running into 50-100 of them at a time, if not more. Then you have to worry about running into "bad guys" who may want to take whatever they want from you. Some kind of club or sharp object will only work if that is all that THEY have, and once again, if there are a few of them, you are screwed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I saw that also they actually sell the kit to convert your 10/22 into that gun which is similar in look and size to the FNP90 which is one of my ultimate zombie guns because of the hi capacity of the mags 50rds!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah I saw that also they actually sell the kit to convert your 10/22 into that gun which is similar in look and size to the FNP90 which is one of my ultimate zombie guns because of the hi capacity of the mags 50rds!
It is a kick ass little round too. I got the FN 5.7 and love it. You can shoot 100yds accurately and even 200yds if you do your part. I am workin on a trade for the 90 and I should have it in a week or so,, Bot the most practical round but WHO CARES???

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The only reason I focused on a .22 LR instead of the 5.7 is the difficulty in finding 5.7 ammo. As it becomes more popular, then Katy bar the door, but as of now I will stick with a 10-22 or an AR-15.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Are we talking Dawn of The Dead/Walking Dead type zombies, or are we talking 28 Days, or (heaven forbid) World War Z type Zombies?

If we're talking your standard Walking Dead type Zombie, I would take a track hoe, a generator, and welder. I know this seems a little out there, and I know I'm not REALLY answering the OP's question like I should, but I would have my area completely Zombie free in a matter of days with those three things.

Sadly, though, real Zombies (people who have surrendered their critical thinking abilities to the state) are far more difficult to deal with than the walking dead.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I would go with a shotgun but they never seem to have any range. And I do have a liking to ar-10's and .308 ar style rifles. But I'm going to have to either go with a .223 ar or a long range rifle like a .300 win mag.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I didn't read this entire thread, but I've found the most useful weapon against zombies is an Obama T-shirt. They tend to want to eat brains and realize that none will be found in the wearer of said shirts... (And, this is meant to be a joke, so please don't get your hackles all raised up. We're talking about ZOMBIES, right? :lol: )

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Zombies......really?!?! what you really mean, are people who are off their med's and probably starving to death?!

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Zombies......really?!?! what you really mean, are people who are off their med's and probably starving to death?!
Maybe...but what I really expect are people who have no regard for civility who are overly entitled and want my stuff. Defunct individuals from an ingrained cultural multi-generational wasteland that feel like they can take what they want. Attempts at some feudal version of the knockout game ain't gonna work at Slippy Lodge.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Maybe...but what I really expect are people who have no regard for civility who are overly entitled and want my stuff. Defunct individuals from an ingrained cultural multi-generational wasteland that feel like they can take what they want. Attempts at some feudal version of the knockout game ain't gonna work at Slippy Lodge.
I'm with ya there, but I don't know about this whole Zombie deal?!

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Slippy, many of us raised hell when WalMart began their anti-gun campaign, but perhaps it is for the better in the long run, eh? :roll:
Yes, sir...Sad example of more things to come I fear...and doubtful that these Zombies are defending the Bill of Rights!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Here is a recent example of the Zombies...

I saw that video and a few others. This might come off as harsh but I don't care. Plus, I started drinking out checking for calves earlier so have loose lips right now. This is how things are NOW BEFORE any SHTF event happened. What do you guys think it will be like AFTER?! Personally, I would say that it's too bad a few guys don't show up with miniguns and clean the place out. But then they would want to go after the 2nd amendment. So just block all exits and burn it to the ground.. I would bet that everyone inthere is up to no good. That's why they are there!! Just like a month or so ago when the computers for ebt was down and everyone had "no limit" on their card. They were showing up buying buggies and buggies full of shit! I have not heard about one of the cock suckers getting in trouble over it.. So WE are paying for them to do whatever in the **** they want!! As long as you are a minority, you can do whatever you want and not get in trouble. Then, if you do. They will reduce charges for you.. Then they STILL end up in jail after all the breaks they get.. Talk about stupidity!! Look at OJ.. The stupid **** got away with MURDER but was still dumb enough to get in trouble for stealing shit at gunpoint later on..STUPID!! Some PEOPLE just don't think!!

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
I saw that video and a few others. This might come off as harsh but I don't care. Plus, I started drinking out checking for calves earlier so have loose lips right now. This is how things are NOW BEFORE any SHTF event happened. What do you guys think it will be like AFTER?! Personally, I would say that it's too bad a few guys don't show up with miniguns and clean the place out. But then they would want to go after the 2nd amendment. So just block all exits and burn it to the ground.. I would bet that everyone inthere is up to no good. That's why they are there!! Just like a month or so ago when the computers for ebt was down and everyone had "no limit" on their card. They were showing up buying buggies and buggies full of shit! I have not heard about one of the cock suckers getting in trouble over it.. So WE are paying for them to do whatever in the **** they want!! As long as you are a minority, you can do whatever you want and not get in trouble. Then, if you do. They will reduce charges for you.. Then they STILL end up in jail after all the breaks they get.. Talk about stupidity!! Look at OJ.. The stupid **** got away with MURDER but was still dumb enough to get in trouble for stealing shit at gunpoint later on..STUPID!! Some PEOPLE just don't think!!
Quite possibly the most passionate post of the day! BK is the MAN!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
lee ermey.jpg
here's what Gunny thinks of your Zombie apocalypse!

Reactions: oldmurph58
121 - 140 of 140 Posts