Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I really love the USA, you guys can buy guns as easy as buying a soda pop..:)
Here in Britain guns are practically banned and you can get arrested simply for saying the word "gun".
Over here we'll have to defend ourselves against zombs by poking their eyes out with a stick..
Oh well when the zombies come a running..then just mug your local criminals and take their guns ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
as much as i love my katana and my shotgun truth is i would have my fire hatchet as my multipurpose weapon an tool. the katana isn't going to help in a corridor and the blade will chip over time. sadly the shotgun will run out of ammo at some point even if i'm doing my own reloads as ill need primers, hulls, powder, and projectiles. the best weapon in my humble opinion is one own intelligence and ability to think on your feet as that's something the zombie doesn't have.

an on a side note remember the walking dead are not your only enemy in the zombie Apocalypse

·
Registered
30 Posts
Firearm: Any .22LR rifle and since .22LR ammo is cheap as hell, stockpile on it. Reason being (I'm going by the original solution to zombies) is that once you neutralize the brain, you're gonna want accuracy, .22LR's have practically no recoil.

Blunt Weapon: Giant meat-tenderizer. Got the hard, rough side to just bury into their skulls and into their cerebrum.

Bladed Weapon: As my friend LANCERCO001 has stated a katana is limited by it's disadvantages will in corridors or cramped areas (which I've already stated to him once before). Perhaps a halberd, pole-arms are almost perfect when in corridors as you can keep the enemy at bay and he has no way to get around and the crescent blade below it would cover the disadvantages of pole-arms when out in an open field. Perhaps a spear and a short-sword of some kind at your side. Both bases covered. My apologies, although I have some basic knowledge of bladed weapons, they aren't exactly my forte.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Mrs Inor, I like a supersoaker watergun filled with denatured alcohol. They are not illegal, unless you get caught..

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Garden sprayer with a 50/50 mix of lacquer thinner and Styrofoam (by weight) and a burn cup attached.... at least you can see the flame!

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Garden sprayer with a 50/50 mix of lacquer thinner and Styrofoam (by weight) and a burn cup attached.... at least you can see the flame!
You have issues! lol

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I have issues? Of course I have issues! nobody will pull the blinkin' plug and make the zombies go away.

I think I'll take a walk and think about the nicer things in life....

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Firearm: Any .22LR rifle and since .22LR ammo is cheap as hell, stockpile on it. Reason being (I'm going by the original solution to zombies) is that once you neutralize the brain, you're gonna want accuracy, .22LR's have practically no recoil.
You have made an enemy today, Sir. A very fierce, yet easily distracted enemy. A fuzzy enemy, because your enemy can't find his razor most of the time.

An enemy nevertheless.

·
8,973 Posts
I've dodged this thread for while now, but came back to it. I'm still not sure if we're talking about the Zombies of the movies and stories that scare our girl friends or X girl friends? Or are we talking about the zombies (notice small case) that will kill you to get your food and supplies you prepped away in the basement?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
In a "Walking Dead" Zombie situation, I will stick with a good .22 rifle, like a 10-22. My reasoning is that if it takes a headshot to put one down, a .22 from a rifle can do the job easily from 100 yards. IMO you want to keep them well out of arm's reach. A very high plus is that you can easily carry 500 rounds of .22 long rifle rounds without much problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My personal preference would be a high quality pitch fork with the sturdiest handle you can get. Cut the tines down to about 2 1/4" and sharpen. Wrap in grip tape

Short tines reduce the risk of getting stuck, but long enough to pierce the skull and brain.
Wide spread tines increases the chance of a successful penetrating strike.
Long reach, because you have to keep your distance.
Can use it to impale and steer zombies to use them as a shield.
Can be swung if needed.
Use long ways if you need to push off a mob.
Doubles as a walking stick.

Not a very useful weapon unless you're fighting Romero/Walking Dead type zombies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my ultimate zombie kit for fire arms I would choose the FNP90 and the FN 5.7 pistol because they have hi velocity ammo that is light weight and they both are compact with high capacities the p90 can hold 50rds and the 5.7 can hold 20rds. The ammo is the same also and made to be suppressed. For a knife I would have a Cold steel Trailmaster on my belt and a leatherman multitool. I would also have a melee weopon which would be the coldsteel boar spear this would be an excellent choice for traveling and for defending a location because the spear has a good reach and a 12 inch long blade. FOr travel it would double as a walking stick which would mean that I would always have a weapon in my hand when ever walking which would reduce my reaction time. as far as defending a location the spear would be perfect for stabbing zombies through a fence or from on top of a wall or building. If the spear broke it would still be useful because it would then become a knife and a heavy staff for fighting which are both lethal.

·
Registered
988 Posts
In the UK...a box of old vinyls that I could toss at the zombies.

IN the US...I have to say that I'm biased. I have a few years of Kendo experience, thus I must tip my hat and give the nod to the katana. I believe I have enough swordsmanship to drop a few hundred or so zombies before I would feel the need to retreat.

Guns (as much as I love everything about them) will eventually run dry, and/or malfunction, and without a Plan B, hopefully you can manage an escape.

My sword and I will last and put up a hell of a fight until my arms fall off.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts