Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
8,973 Posts
As close as I am to Chicago, I worry about more than 5 "Zombies" at a time. besides, I'd prefer to keep them a lot father away than my shotgun will shoot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A nice katana and a Sig P250 .45 with Hornady Zombie Killers. I like close in work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if I could get a 30rnd mag for my Ruger SR22, that would be perfect. Tat way, if I am swarmed by them at clase range, I dont have to swing a rifle around! pew pew pew!
I will stay with a Ruger 10-22 with a 4 or 5 of 50 rd mags. Since a zombie can only be killed by a head shot, it is more then enough to do the job. You can easily carry 500-1000 rds of .22's. It seems to me by watching the Walking Dead that your biggest threats from zombies is that either they take you by surprise or there are so many of them that they overwhelm you. To me the answer to the 2nd part of the problem is always have a weapon that has a high capacity, you can carry allot of ammo for, and that has enough range to keep the zombies from getting too close to you. A .22 with high capacity magazines seems to be the best answer to me.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
A Brit taxi driver let me handle his Maglite torch (flashlight) which he uses for protection and I was so impressed by its tremendous weight I got one for myself (left)..:)
It cost me about 22 GBpounds (31 USdollars) and will make a fearsome dual-purpose weapon to either club zombs or blind them, it's made of steel, takes 4 batteries and weighs a ton and a whack from it will deck any zomb.
The beam is so powerful i swear I can bounce it off the moon.
Rendering them unconscious or blind isn't messy like sticking a knife in them is. And once they're reeling about you can entertain them with a series of further clubbings to finish them off.
(The one on the right is just a pocket thing for getting down blacked-out stairwells in a power cut)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
A Brit taxi driver let me handle his Maglite torch (flashlight) which he uses for protection and I was so impressed I got one for myself (left)..:)
It cost me about 22 GBpounds (31 USdollars) and will make a fearsome weapon to club zombs, it takes 4 batteries and weighs a ton and a kiss from it will deck any zomb.
Rendering them unconscious isn't messy like sticking a knife in them is. And once they're down and dazed you can entertain them with a series of further clubbings to finish them off, they better not mess with me!
(The one on the right is just a pocket thing for getting down blacked-out stairwells in a power cut)

That will do the trick! I like the maglite in the C-cell batteries because you can get a better grip on it.

$(KGrHqN,!ocFJj7kZKnQBSctpvj5Zw~~60_12.jpg

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have to go with Katana for close up and personal & cross bow or compound bow for longer range...9mm w/ extended mag for the ohh crap weapon... :lol:

Reactions: oldmurph58

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would definitely do a metal baseball bat and a shotgun.... the baseball bat is easy to smash heads with and if it gets bent no biggie just continue swinging... the shotgun is well a shotgun no reasoning needed!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Depends on the situation. I think for a zombie or two, the crossbow might work best, but for more zombies than that, I'd be more proactive.

I'd have a defensive perimeter made with things like baited pits and other traps set up. There's also something to be said for avoiding them with things like underground hides or strategic platforms in the trees.

I'd also probably go with an AR when I finally get one, my 45, and a good old fashioned 12 gauge.

People who say the cross bow as a blanket slay me... Contrary to popular belief, you can't make ammo for them if they are the modern high tension models. The tension will literally shatter a wooden arrow.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
In my opinion, the "Zombie" is a politically correct means of describing the roving persons that will be present after or during any type of government break down, or after a natural disaster.

Those who can not fend for them selves will be roming the area looking for life necessities, water, food, clothing, shelter,

They will be willing to take from others, what wellfare checks can no longer buy,

These are the true zombies, the rest is all bull shit.
Government breakdown is actually the best case scenario in shtf... roving people or mauraders are not much problem for the prepared and they are not the "zombies". after all, we will be roving as well from time to time during SHTF. the real threat to every one are the real "Zombies".
they will be searching for you. they have unlimited supply of weapons, ammo, food, water vehicles and fuel. they are not that easy to kill because they move fast, they got communications devices and there are hoards of them. you cant reason with them and they wont show mercy. if they dont shoot you in the face they will capture you and place you in central location so they could turn you into a sheep. there are 2 kinds of Zombies. one wears camo and the other is a much more dangerous... they could be identified easily by the small shiny piece of metalic object they wear on their right upper chest. not all of the shiny metal wearers are Zombies, if you can find ones that have not "turned", they can be your best friend. they can give you intel and some useful info. they are also trained to fight and to survive.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
IF and it's a big "IF" the zombies do attack then all bets are off and laws will mean little to nothing. Then it will be time to make the best silencer you can and be as stealth as you can. If you are down to a sword, crossbow, baseball bat or some type of club you are in deep shit and probably going to die. You will need accurate, rapid gun fire and distance if you really expect to survive, IMO. After the first encounter you better have learned how to stop/kill them and not let age or gender cause any doubt! When in doubt shoot. Hopefully you will have back/help and plenty of ammo. A bulldozer/tractor with a scoop or blade to dig burn pits and move the dead afterwords will be a plus. A fortified position will be necessary too. Hopefully they will be as dumb as those shown on TV and not able to fire weapons or operate machinery/cars or it will be all but a matter of time if they have any thought process other than finding live food. If you can get/make a flame thrower for up close and personal that might get you through, if you can out run them til they burn up.

·
8,973 Posts
M-1 carbine, .30 caliber. Light weight, decent penetrating within a 100 yards +. Nice size hole for dead brains to ooze out of. 15 or 30 round mags, and ammo isn't or wasn't expensive when I purchased stockpile. Put a bayonet on it for real close in combat. Almost anyone can handle. If I need more range, then I'll go with an AR in 5.56 or 7.62. All depends on range. But since I only believe in living "zombies" not the undead kind, I'll use anything can stop them in their tracks, and there's plenty of calibers that'll do that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
When it comes to zombies layered defense is always the best defense. First avoid contact as much as possible. Zombies can't bite what they can't grab. Second, if zombies have spotted you find a choke point where you won't get swarmed and can pick them off one at a time. Third, bow and arrow or crossbow, long range without letting other zombies in the area know where you are and reusable ammo. Fourth, insert your favorite firearm, again distance is your friend when it comes to zombies. Finally, melee weapon, preferably a sword that will be able to de-cap the zombie.

I'd avoid something like a chainsaw. It requires gas which could be more useful elsewhere and also the blood spatter could be spreading the zombie infection who knows where. Better to keep the infection minimized as much as possible.

·
8,973 Posts
How many of us are talking about ZOMBIES from literature and how many are talking about the "zombie" of the mindless hoard of have nots that want to kill us for what we have and they don't? While I wouldn't want to get hit by a .22 LR from pistol or rifle, I want something a little wallop to it.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts