41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: oldmurph58

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im a little obsessed so a gun is great but loud and getting a real silencer is most likely illegal, cross bow ( like Daryll of course) is great, I actually bought one, but rapid fire would be difficult to achieve. Weapons like swords crow bars and baseball bats would take an awfull amount of stamina to maintain. So best all around weapon? Variety. A small accurate hand gun, like a .22 pistol for short range. I really like my 30-30 for some distance but given that I live in Maine, the distance isnt really that far a couple hundred yards at best, a Kbar for close combat and I have a nice set of tomahawks for throwing. The military taught me a great thing: one mind any weapon. There is nothing that beats diversity and flexability when my family is at stake. Guns are great but do you really want to announce to the neighbor hood that you have a gun, ammo, and likely a good set of supplies?

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
The best weapon for zombies is a comfortable pair of shoes and a good dog.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The only zombies that I believe to be a problem will be the moochers and parasites of society who will emerge when their EBT cards, Obama phones, and welfare stops.
In that case I want to convince any who show up that further advance (from where they are first seen) , will be most unhealthy and they should seek other options.
I have a hunting rifle that will work nicely.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
ME! I am the weapon!. everything else is just a tool.the only zombies I have seen so far still have a heart that beats black and cold.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I agree that zombie's will be real enough post shtf and they'll be whining about who's gonna take care of them now. They'll be fat, lazy, and stupid and many will have their pants around the thighs and their underwear sticking out. I'll be happy enough with my M1A. It's pretty damn best to me. One shot to just about anyone's chest or piehole and the zombieizing is over.
Of course if I want to be quiet and save bullets, the machette is quite good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just started watching The Walking Dead. If it has taught me anything, it is that the crossbow is the ultimate zombie killer. My wife even commented tonight that she thinks we should get a crossbow. That is after we aquire a deuce and a half which she has decicded is the ultimate bug out vehicle. Man, I love that lady.
Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper there! My wife and I are die-hard TWD on AMC fans and my BOV is a 1972 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce bobbed down to a 4X4 with the M105 trailer bed and leaf springs. When I decided I wanted a bobbed deuce, I started doing tons of online research and watched about every deuce video I could find on youtube. Once I found the deuce I have now, I've done everything within my ability to make this into a "go-anywhere repair shop on wheels" kind of vehicle that would serve as a daily driver until the SHTF, in which case grab what I need and head for the BOL. Now that I own the truck of my dreams, I've learned so much more about how versatile these trucks really are!

The 465LDT Multifuel Hypercycle (diesel) engine means that the old motor oil in the bottles behind the garages of about half the home owners in America is the best source of free fuel you can get for this beast. Just pour it through a strainer sock right into the fuel tank. The engine-mounted air compressor provides the air pressure needed for the brake assist, horns, and windshield wipers. I have quick-connect couplers in certain positions on the air system in my deuce where I can connect a hose and run air tools, or fill tires. The 24-volt electrical system can be used to weld steel using a pair of jumper cables, a pair of Vise-Grips, and some 6013 arc welding electrodes. I also carry an air-powered barrel pump that I can use to scavenge fuel, be it from barrels, oil pans in abandoned cars (it's an option in an emergency). I currently have 3 55-gallon plastic barrels that I'll use to carry spare fuel as well as 2 5-gallon jerry cans. Between those and the truck's own 50-gallon fuel tank, I can now carry 220 gallons of fuel which since I bobbed the truck and took it down to just about 9500 pounds and my last milage estimate was around 15 to 18 MPG, giving me a fuel/distance range of about 3300 miles before I have to take on fuel. In an actual SHTF situation, the city will be the worst place you can be and getting out along with your family, your ride, and your balls in tact will be of the highest importance so it makes sense to have a vehicle that can push most obstacles out of your way without too much time lost. If the SHTF event happens to be an EMP or large X-class CME, anything with electronic fuel injection or ignition just might turn out to be a lawn ornament. The mechanical injection pump in the deuce means no electronics or even electricity are needed to keep the engine running. The list of pros on these trucks are WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than the cons list! If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll help with any info I can provide. :grin:

I threw in a before and after set of my deuce so you can see the difference her diet made. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would say the brain. The best weapon in any situation is the brain. The ability to logically think about what is happening around you and what you will do to adapt to those surroundings will keep you alive. The matter of killing zombies matters not in the equipment you use more so than it does the intelligence to see something useful enough to get the job done.

BTW there needs to be a new saying because KILLING ZOMBIES makes no sense they are already dead lol.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..The best weapon in any situation is the brain. The ability to logically think about what is happening around you and what you will do to adapt to those surroundings will keep you alive..
Right, people may arm themselves like Rambo but it won't do them a bit of good if they haven't got tactical commonsense in a SHTF situation.
As a --ahem-- PC wargaming champion I tell my students- "fight with your brain first and your weapons second" and it's worked fine for me in the play-by-email ladders over the past 10 years under my fighting name of 'Poor Old Spike".
Most of my opponents are adults from all around the world including America, some are serving military personnel, others are historians, defence contractors, gun clubbers etc but I hunt them down without mercy on the PC battlefields, not bad for a Brit who's never fired a real gun in my life!
When they come at me on the cyber battlefields with all guns blazing Hollywood style I think "You're gonna have to do better than that sonny", and proceed to surgically take them apart.
For example I topped this ladder 3 years ago at the age of 62, but Wardog (3rd) and Hedgehog (15th) are in their 70's.:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
BTW there needs to be a new saying because KILLING ZOMBIES makes no sense they are already dead lol.
Actually the title is "Best Zombie Weapon." and that is just plain scary, cause I hope zombies don't learn how to use weapons...

I do like the multitude of horrible zombie movies out there, but I like to disagree with people when they say, "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything!". If you have slow moving dumb zombies wandering around like they are referring too I wouldn't be too worried. I would be much more afraid of my many fat/lazy/dumb neighbors and their clunky old .22lr, let alone someone who is really armed and knows how to use it.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The "best" weapon against zombies is to unplug your game console or computer.
The zombies just disappear - like magic!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper there! My wife and I are die-hard TWD on AMC fans and my BOV is a 1972 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce bobbed down to a 4X4 with the M105 trailer bed and leaf springs. When I decided I wanted a bobbed deuce, I started doing tons of online research and watched about every deuce video I could find on youtube. Once I found the deuce I have now, I've done everything within my ability to make this into a "go-anywhere repair shop on wheels" kind of vehicle that would serve as a daily driver until the SHTF, in which case grab what I need and head for the BOL. Now that I own the truck of my dreams, I've learned so much more about how versatile these trucks really are!

The 465LDT Multifuel Hypercycle (diesel) engine means that the old motor oil in the bottles behind the garages of about half the home owners in America is the best source of free fuel you can get for this beast. Just pour it through a strainer sock right into the fuel tank. The engine-mounted air compressor provides the air pressure needed for the brake assist, horns, and windshield wipers. I have quick-connect couplers in certain positions on the air system in my deuce where I can connect a hose and run air tools, or fill tires. The 24-volt electrical system can be used to weld steel using a pair of jumper cables, a pair of Vise-Grips, and some 6013 arc welding electrodes. I also carry an air-powered barrel pump that I can use to scavenge fuel, be it from barrels, oil pans in abandoned cars (it's an option in an emergency). I currently have 3 55-gallon plastic barrels that I'll use to carry spare fuel as well as 2 5-gallon jerry cans. Between those and the truck's own 50-gallon fuel tank, I can now carry 220 gallons of fuel which since I bobbed the truck and took it down to just about 9500 pounds and my last milage estimate was around 15 to 18 MPG, giving me a fuel/distance range of about 3300 miles before I have to take on fuel. In an actual SHTF situation, the city will be the worst place you can be and getting out along with your family, your ride, and your balls in tact will be of the highest importance so it makes sense to have a vehicle that can push most obstacles out of your way without too much time lost. If the SHTF event happens to be an EMP or large X-class CME, anything with electronic fuel injection or ignition just might turn out to be a lawn ornament. The mechanical injection pump in the deuce means no electronics or even electricity are needed to keep the engine running. The list of pros on these trucks are WAAAAAYYYYY bigger than the cons list! If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM and I'll help with any info I can provide. :grin:

I threw in a before and after set of my deuce so you can see the difference her diet made. :)
Stop by my place... i have 6, 55 gallon drums in my yard full of used diesel engine oil.. Yours for nothing.. I will help you load em.. Just yell out your name when you start up my driveway.. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
one of those tree trimmers with a chain saw at the end. you have the reach of a spear and the cutting power of a chain saw

·
Registered
168 Posts
I tend to lean towards blades myself.:( I have 2 katanas quite a few large machete and camping knives. If those go down I'll fall back to my SOG Seal2000. Then my last resort is my Emerson Super Commander!:)

41 - 60 of 140 Posts