Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I really love the USA, you guys can buy guns as easy as buying a soda pop..:)
Here in Britain guns are practically banned and you can get arrested simply for saying the word "gun".
Over here we'll have to defend ourselves against zombs by poking their eyes out with a stick..
Today we can, but Obummer wants to take that away. I think we are headed for Civil War II.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think many people miss-interpret what a zombie weapon is. Originally in survivalist terms it meant what was the best gun for what unknown thing that may come along. Not actually fighting zombies. About saying what is the best bug out gun. Except would mean the best all around gun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Walking Dead fan here. Biggest thing I always bring up is that they are slow as hell. A brisk walk is probably your best defense. All zombies seem to have a bum leg/knee/ankle and are limping. Is it me or couldn't you just walk the hell away??

Best weapons if I have to pick - .22 pistol and a .22 rifle. Doesn't take much to drop them, so why carry all that heavy equipment and ammo??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just started watching The Walking Dead. If it has taught me anything, it is that the crossbow is the ultimate zombie killer. My wife even commented tonight that she thinks we should get a crossbow. That is after we aquire a deuce and a half which she has decicded is the ultimate bug out vehicle. Man, I love that lady.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Machette., Ruger 10/22 w/ 3x9 scope and 25 rd. mags. Ruger Sr 22 pistol w/ CT laser for close in backup. Aguila Super Maximum 30 gr. round nose ammo in both. A guy could easily carry 1000 rds. of ammo on the run.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Walking Dead is great and Daryl is an awesome zombie killer. However, a crossbow is a horrible zombie weapon. It is not practical at all for rapid fire...a bow is much quicker and a gun even better. Heck, a good machete is much better for dispatching the walking corpses...and it never runs out of ammo.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The first rule of surviving a fight is not to be there. Zombie or any other entity
That fails then fight from the greatest distance you can. I am using Thor bolt action 50
That fails out comes the 308.
They are still coming Break out the AR15 and light everything up
More close by 45 call to duty
If the knife come out I have failed

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I'm going to pick a Katana or Crowbar.

Katana is silent and efficient and gives you reach, never runs out of ammo, and looks BADASS!

A Crowbar (which everybody should have in their home/BOB kits) has multiple uses and is great for smashing skulls, popping open doors, just an all around good utility tool!

Of course none are as fun as a nice semi-auto rifle....yum.

Your thoughts?
Watched your video, you do not need a complete upper you need a stripped upper receiver currently a good one 100-159. If you like give me a yell I will explain what you need to know to swap the upper receiver out to a flat top using your barrel, Barrel nut, dust cover door ,forward asst.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The first rule of surviving a fight is not to be there. Zombie or any other entity
That fails then fight from the greatest distance you can. I am using Thor bolt action 50
That fails out comes the 308.
They are still coming Break out the AR15 and light everything up
More close by 45 call to duty
If the knife come out I have failed
sounds like a movie. But not realistic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sounds like a movie. But not realistic.
Actually,to me it sounds like a well thought out military type of tactic,more than realistic,even without zombies,but any foe.

As far as zombies go,I love the walking dead and never miss an episode,but do I believe that dead flesh can just reanimate and go on a meat eating spree?

Not in the least.

However,I do believe the living minds can be altered by drugs (aka bath salts) where a person is far from in their right minds and their body has become a bloodthirsty locomotive,or some diseases such as a mad cow or mutated flu strain or even human rabies.But if this happened,they wouldn't be the slow moving "walkers" you see commonly,I would think they'd be more like the crazed freaks in 28 days/weeks.If so,at the point you need to pull your knife out,you are already zombie food.

That being said,zombies are very low,perhaps even on the bottom of my long concern list as to why I even prep.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
In my opinion, the "Zombie" is a politically correct means of describing the roving persons that will be present after or during any type of government break down, or after a natural disaster.

Those who can not fend for them selves will be roming the area looking for life necessities, water, food, clothing, shelter,

They will be willing to take from others, what wellfare checks can no longer buy,

These are the true zombies, the rest is all bull shit.

21 - 40 of 140 Posts