Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,508 Posts
The wife wants to move to Montana!:) If we were there I'd take tye female off your hands!:) mate her with my Red and see what kinda colors came out!:)
I added a few pics of them..

· Registered
1,508 Posts
The wife wants to move to Montana!:) If we were there I'd take tye female off your hands!:) mate her with my Red and see what kinda colors came out!:)
It's funny, I have had heelers all my life. You can breed 2 blues and get all reds or vice versa. Usually you get a mix of blues and reds. I can't wait to see what color these pups turn. They are born all white then the colors start to come in after a few weeks like dalmations..

· Registered
1,035 Posts
OP, it all depends on if you want an alarm dog, a watch dog that will chase but probably not bite, or a man stopper? Any dog can be trained to bark or not bark. Or bark only when someone comes on the property. Yes, they can learn property lines. I like a Gread Pyreneese for my area - they are mostly white, loyal and are heavy enough to stop a man, but are great baby sitters for kids. They were bred to guard, and will become attached to family, sheep or even cattle and horses and keep coyotes, wolves or bear away. The best part is they are not agressive to family. Little kids can sleep on top of them, etc and they eat up the love.

· Registered
904 Posts
Perfect timing for this thread. I just got home with one wife, three kids, and two 12 week old walker hound pups. I already have a black lab that just turned a year old. My previous hounds all died off last year so I am happy to get new ones. They aren't "guard dogs", but make good alert dogs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.