Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Berkey Bottle??? I'm flying to India for a month later this week and have been contemplating investing in one for water purification. Does it remove pathogens??? My gut is telling me that if it removes minerals, it should remove pathogens too, but I'm a "Trust but verify." kinda guy.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have used Berkey for years and would suggest them anytime, anywhere, for any purpose. they are the BOMB for water purification.

My IT buddy spent 7 months there working for IBM and said there was no problem with the water but he was staying in the "good" part of the country. I can find out the area he was working in if it helps.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We have the Big Berkey which is awesome (after the first few gallons - until then it does have chemical taste). Based on the company, I would trust their bottle filter although I would run at least 4-5 bottles through it before I went off to drink it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used Berkey for years and would suggest them anytime, anywhere, for any purpose. they are the BOMB for water purification.

My IT buddy spent 7 months there working for IBM and said there was no problem with the water but he was staying in the "good" part of the country. I can find out the area he was working in if it helps.
I'll be working in Vijayawada in the Andhra Pradesh region. I'm anticipating that the hostel I'm staying at in the NRI facility. The website says there is a canteen, a mess hall, and a water filtration plant on site, but as the prepper in me says, "better safe than sorry."

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have the Big Berkey which is awesome (after the first few gallons - until then it does have chemical taste). Based on the company, I would trust their bottle filter although I would run at least 4-5 bottles through it before I went off to drink it.
Thanks for the endorsement. I'm trying to decide between the Berkey Bottle and the Sawyer inline bottle system. They both appear pretty similar.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Sawyer is a good name too. I do not think you will go wrong with either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts