Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here have one of these? I do, and have to say that it is a heavy full sized 9mm but is also well balanced with low recoil and impeccably accurate. I have close to 2000 rounds through mine and I have never had a malfunction. Not even once.
The slide on it is so smooth that it would be perfect for anybody who has weaker hands/arthritis.
The slide release on it is also extremely easy to operate and won't chew up your thumbs when engaging it multiple times in succession.
Holds anywhere from 15-18rounds in various magazines, so you have a lot of firepower.
The grips on it feel like they were custom molded to my hand, and that grip is a little fatter then some other full-sized pistols.
There are only 2 bad things I can say about this pistol. Getting extra mags can sometimes be expensive ($40) in stores around here ($20 of CTD.com), and that finding a holster is a challenge, I've tried a few and if they are too snug they will actually press the slide back upon entering it into the holster, which can "half-cock" the hammer, or potentially fully cock it.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best. And remember I have VERY limited experience with pistols as I have only been involved in shooting for 2 years, I would rate it at an easy 9.4, I can also cost you anywhere from 575-700 for this pistol, mine was $600 2 years ago, and is still solid and tight for the 2k rounds that have been pumped through it.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions about this pistol please do ask!

·
Registered
36 Posts
One of my first pistols was the 92FS. I sold it because I wan't very accurate with it and I needed the money for something else. Looking back, I think I just didn't know how to shoot yet. Wish I still had it, that's for sure.

I'm not sure what kind of holster you're looking for, but a military surplus M12 holster is perfect for this one. ;)

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I used to own one. Bought it brand new. I traded it for a Rossi Combo Youth in .22/.410 singleshot and a brick of ammo two weeks later.

I'm glad yours works. Mine was a dud. As former law enforcement, I had many, many qualifications. I qualify expert. 296/300 was my lowest score ever. That damn 92FS didn't group, it patterned. About the size of a Buick. Past 15 yards, I was better off using a slingshot while blindfolded and richocheting it off the floor as I was being Tased and set on fire. Jammed 4 to 5 times each magazine. Put about 500, painful, aggravating rounds through it.

You are right though. It had the best balance/grip of ANY handgun I've ever owned. Even my 1911's. Other than that, I had to pass. And didn't complain one bit on the $400 I lost in the deal. I have found one thing. With the 92FS, people either love it or hate it, with a passion. ::saber::

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will agree with you on that! I know guys who had them and they were turds. Mine has been flawless and I couldn't be happier. I love the weight and balance and i can group decently, I just need to work on my trigger control and stop flinching!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My wife picked up this one for me a few years back at Cabela's. They were $50.00 off, plus she had one of those $50.00 off coupons we got in the mail. I've always thought this gun was too big for a 15 shot 9 MM, but after handling it and shooting it, I've grown to like it. Greg Cote LLC. has Mec-Gar 20 round magazines for it. With a 20 round capacity the gun is more fitting it's size. Sights are good and visible, and the gun field strips very easily. Beretta makes a nice pistol.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I bought the Taurus version (Beretta reproduction), the PT92AF 24 years ago mainly because it was a less expensive version. I've been shooting it since then with no problems... and keep it as a close-distance back-up weapon. The design and characteristics are the same... So it should last you at least 24 years. :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I love my fs 92, its my favorite gun. I take it everywhere. i did an upgrade on the grips!
the boys love it, and i love it. its just sexy, sure like my other guns, but my beretta is pure love.
eats factory reloads beautifully. youll need to pry this from my cold dead hands. My kids jock me for it all the time. they need to get their own, but when we go to the club, they dont bother with their guns, they both reach for the fs92. i can wait to get the px4. fap!fap!fap!

my favorite to holster because of the double single action. just everything about it is super... and when i have to holster my m&p 9mm (back country riding where 10 rounds may not be enough)- i use 40 cal mags so i can put 13 rounds (of 9mm) in instead of the california standard of 10 rounds.- just a tip-

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello all, I have had and carried a Beretta M-92 or M-9 in the Military when i got oput i ran a different direction and like like better, a blast from the past a BHP clone like my Dad First gave me in 1974:

M-95 Classic Licenced Argintine Copy of Browning High Powwer in 9MM

I prefer it due to all steel, mags are easy to find and inexpensive I can do all the gunsmithing myself!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
There my favorite pistols. Loved them ever since the Army. Have 3 now and carry one regularly CCW'ing. To those that think there too big to CCW, I beg to differ, but I'm bigger than the average bear also so I guess that changes things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
best service pistol I have own...

The Holster is a Safailand STX Tactical 6004-73 in FDE Drop leg right hand level 2, amazon has them for $59.99, if anyone looking for a good retention holster

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
As I have stated many times . The 92FS/M9 is as good as it gets for a full size 9mm. While hype clouds fact , it is a better weapon than the Glock. The 92 FS is among the easiest to get a new shooter on paper fast, the weapon is about flawless in function .

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently dolled mine up a bit with some gold lettering and a nice pair of Walnut grips. It makes it look a little less, "Plain Jane".

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I carried one for over 10 years in the Army, and in my civilian job I carry one when I deploy. So after my last trip to Afganistan in 2014 I bought one to practice with on my own time. I only shoot my issue pistol a month before deployment. If I wasn't a shooter as a hobby, I would have only fired one 3 times in the past 8 years.

I prefer the 1911 but, since I get issued the M9 that is what I have to shoot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts