Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been fighting off a cold all week long and still have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for next week. Got family coming into town, still have shopping to do and was finally starting to feel better this morning. With my luck I should have known better......

Paychecks normally show up at work around 10:30 in the morning on Friday's. 11 O'Clock rolls around nothing, 12, 1, 2, 3 O'Clock still no paycheck. Come to find out UPS had a broke down plane they are not making it today...... I was ready to leave work at 12. Wait around till 4 just crossing my fingers and finally give up......

On the drive home it starts to snow and you know how drivers get, they all get into panic mode because of a little snow. the normal 15 minute drive turns into a 40 minute drive home. Once I Finally get home I ask the wife if she has checked the mail, Nope so I head down the driveway to go check. the Snow is now covering the ice that is still on the driveway and down I go, feeling my ankle twist all the way down.

On the bright side of things I have been working on my Medical supplies and had the ice packs ready and the wraps handy. To be honest I have never twisted my ankle this bad before in my life and it was the first time I have ever used a Ace bandage before. I had to re-wrap it three times before I felt it was done right but feeling better now. I had the ice pack on it in under 5 minutes and after a few hours of on and off icing swelling is down and all wrapped up.

It does not have to be the end of the world to be prepared, every day things can pop up at a moments notice.

If it where not for the fact that I had good boots on this would have been about 10 times worse.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Leg Knee Wood Foot Barefoot Gesture Finger Thumb Tints and shades Human leg

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Could have just stuck your foot in the snow and saved the ice pack! Hope you feel better soon!!!! And you get your paycheck.

Reactions: wesley762

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
That's an ugly one. Keep you foot elevated to keep the swelling down. Hope you feel better.

Reactions: wesley762

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So all is not bad, we had to run out for a bit and the neighbors saw me take the fall. When we got back our driveway was shoveled. The neighbors took care of it for me, so I took them over a 5th of good ole Jack Daniels to say thank you. nice to have good neighbors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts