Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ive tried pigeon just cuz my buddy shot a buch when we were supposed to shooting rabbits. Its not great but not terrible. I wont put effort out for it unless its a last ditch effort. Id rather eat plants.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We have a squirrel feeder on one side of the yard which has 5 squirrels that feed there everyday and a bird feeder on the other side. We attract a lot of doves every morning and early evening.
My Father use to have us kids go out and shoot black birds and he would take the breast meat and make spaghetti sauce with them.
My thought is sooner or later you are going to run out of food to feed the birds and squirrels and they will move on, considering of course you have not killed them all off or they have figured out that eating at your place is deadly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dear euell gibons
My thought is , either you didn't read the Original Post , slow and complete , or you are talking about another
post , not the BIRD BATHS AND BB GUNS , post . No mention of food or feeding them , just water .
And if I run out of water , and it stops raining forever , well , then , we won't have to worry , will we ? S-7

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a bird worth eating at a birdbath.
Air rifle for squirrels and rabbits. I supplemented my dinners with squirrel for awhile when we had the first covid lockdown and I didn't want to leave my territory until I figured out what was (or wasn't) happening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some critters are just not worth it, no matter how hungry you are. Either not worth the energy for the calories, or high probability of being infected with parasites that you probably won't kill when you cook it
Raccoons. I'd eat them if I had to, and I hear they are good meat, but somehow I worry. Maybe it was from seeing them raid too many suburban dumpsters when I lived in the 'burbs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts