Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.ammoland.com/2010/12/extreme-shock-223-asp-ammunition/#axzz5REWGVGCO, Take a braced firing position, hold the bolt shut with your non-firing hand. The noise of the man falling will be greater than the shot. The impact noise can be heard for perhaps 50m, on a quiet night, in open, flat country. Now, if his rifle clangs on something metal as he falls, that can make quite a bit of noise.

·
Administrator
14,680 Posts
https://www.ammoland.com/2010/12/extreme-shock-223-asp-ammunition/#axzz5REWGVGCO, Take a braced firing position, hold the bolt shut with your non-firing hand. The noise of the man falling will be greater than the shot. The impact noise can be heard for perhaps 50m, on a quiet night, in open, flat country. Now, if his rifle clangs on something metal as he falls, that can make quite a bit of noise.
A real commando will take one of his socks, fill it with sand, urinate on it to get wet enough to be really heavy, then silently creep up behind the sentry and hit him in the temple with a good hard swing.
But make sure your sock doesn't have a hole in it. you don't want to slap someone with just a pissy sock.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
A real commando will take one of his socks, fill it with sand, urinate on it to get wet enough to be really heavy, then silently creep up behind the sentry and hit him in the temple with a good hard swing.
But make sure your sock doesn't have a hole in it. you don't want to slap someone with just a pissy sock.
Oh, there's LOTS of people I'd like to slap with a pissy sock...

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I"m 66, punk and I've fired about 50,000 rds thru rifles. I"m a pistol guy. Since you dont have anything to actually debate about, why not just shove your commentary where your head is?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You really don't have a clue do you. Take a 22 rifle and fire a CB Short or Long in it and I guarentee you will hear it louder than falling to the ground.

This thing fires a 100 grain slug at the speed of 900 - 1000 FPS (that's the same as a 38 special out of a rossi 92 lever action rifle. And those are not quiet.

You are really hopeless

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I"m 66, punk and I've fired about 50,000 rds thru rifles. I"m a pistol guy. Since you dont have anything to actually debate about, why not just shove your commentary where your head is?
This sounds really doubtful. or you would realize the idiocy of your quiet round post

·
Registered
904 Posts
It must be a bit like a sticky bomb. I have no personal experience, but remember the GI's sacrificing their socks in a movie to stop tanks. The only personal experience I have with stinky socks is from my kids. They might actually kill you if you were smothered in them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wait.

66 years old.
And only 50k rounds through a rifle?
That is actually not a lot for that time frame.

Nothing like bringing a pistol to a firefight.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Wait.

66 years old.
And only 50k rounds through a rifle?
That is actually not a lot for that time frame.

Nothing like bringing a pistol to a firefight.
Right on, personally I'm a fan of the 81 and 4.2 Mortars, the 105, 155 and 8" artilery pieces with beehive rounds for up close and personal

·
Registered
583 Posts
Right on, personally I'm a fan of the 81 and 4.2 Mortars, the 105, 155 and 8" artilery pieces with beehive rounds for up close and personal
Dang.

Sorry Old Man, but I have been on the receiving end of 82mm mortars and 122mm rockets.
Not a fan.

After I got back from Afghanistan, my neighbors lawnmower would backfire.
Took me about three months to stop hitting the dirt out of reflex.
I still flinch to this day.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Dang.

Sorry Old Man, but I have been on the receiving end of 82mm mortars and 122mm rockets.
Not a fan.

Sorry you were on the receiving end.

Back in the 70's our Division arty kept stuff like beehives for folks breeching the wire of the firebases

Thanks for your service.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Dang.

Not a fan.

I find it interesting that you and @Real Old Man are of different eras yet share the same experiences.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I find it interesting that you and @Real Old Man are of different eras yet share the same experiences.
War hasn't changed much in over two hundred years

Seems the Yankees were using beehive equivalent rounds on Pickett at Gettysberg (called them grap shot and cannister)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts