Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read an article about power outages and protecting your home against intrusion. It suggested the use of battery powered surveillance cameras that are not dependent on home wifi since you wont have power. Has anyone heard of these types of cameras? Where can they be found? I assume they are bluetooth to connect to your phone with an app? THank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
I have hard wired cameras plugged into a battery back up. They still operate even if the power is out.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are yours broadcasted through Bluetooth or Wifi? If the power goes out, even if you have a generator, the router will likely not work if the main hub that you are buying the service through is out.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
I have a hard drive. I live in the middle of nowhere we don't have wifi or cable.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,509 Posts
I was thinking about using a game trail camera as a front porch look see, at who had been by. Like burglars and whatnot, I don’t care if it uploads to the web, as long as I have footage of burglars, on an SD card.

Reactions: Auntie

·
Super Moderator
9,041 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but it sounds like you want Closed Circuit TV cameras going to a monitor, all powered by solar rechargable battery system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts