Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Wood Bedrock Tree Art

Plant Wood Natural material Grass Twig

Here is a primitive tomahawk built by my students in class today. We decided to offer it to anyone who wants it. The price is $25 + shipping or trade for?

Just PM if interested....

Reactions: MrsInor

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Yep, its sold but thanks for all the interest. Maybe the new owner will give a little review once he receives it!

New Item, Obsidian knife.

Overall Length 8 ½”
Blade Length 3”

Will have a sheath up shortly made from Rabbit Pelt and Rawhide.

See last post!

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I do a much fancier version of the primitive tomahawk to sell and trade. I also do longbows, atlatl’s, stone knives and peace pipes.

Anyone in need of such items can feel free to hit me with a PM.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do that, gotta build them first though. Been making these things and selling locally. Unfortunately I haven't been taking pictures as I should. But to wet your whistle here is a tomahawk head I have been working on, I think she's a beauty….

Brown Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Paint

Brown Wood Art Tints and shades Slope

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Will do that, gotta build them first though. Been making these things and selling locally. Unfortunately I haven't been taking pictures as I should. But to wet your whistle here is a tomahawk head I have been working on, I think she's a beauty….

View attachment 3656

View attachment 3657
yes very cool! I like the striations in the stone. What stone have you found to be the best for strength?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well its an interesting question. I personally like agate, but have used whatever is available on many occasions. These are designed and intended to be used as a fighting weapon and meant to strike flesh. I wouldn’t go splitting firewood with this design. lol Not that you would but for more of a tool I would go with a much more rounded and heavier head.

Oh and I love obsidian for knives and arrowheads. Its just a bit hard to get around here…

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about a pic or two of the longbow? Please.
Same problem as above but I am working on one now and as soon as its finished I will post some pics...

Sold mine last month and this one will replace it...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a pic I didnt realize I had, a spear we made on one of our survival weekends.

Automotive tire Auto part Soil Recreation Rock

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here is a few I carry in my BOB tucked in a bull scrotum bag. Notice some chert, that came from a run I made out to Arizona a few years ago. i don't care much for chert!

Brown Natural material Triangle Font Artifact

You can do this to, its not that hard to make a point that will work, may take a while to do it pretty but pretty is in the function!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here is a few I carry in my BOB tucked in a bull scrotum bag.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I always learn something every time I'm on this website". It ain't everyday that I hear someone so casually say the words, "...tucked in a bull scrotum bag".
Honestly, I didn't even think about it when I said it. I have made many such bags and they are great. My dad carried pipe tobacco in one for years and was laid to rest with it….

I will have to dig mine out but hey, you know what part of the animal it is.....this is not mine...

Wood Vegetable Ingredient Natural material Mushroom

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Honestly, I didn't even think about it when I said it. I have made many such bags and they are great. My dad carried pipe tobacco in one for years and was laid to rest with it….

I will have to dig mine out but hey, you know what part of the animal it is.....this is not mine...

View attachment 3662
I wish I had the balls to use one as a change holder. The look on the cashiers face as I pull out the bull scrotum bag filled with pocket change as I hold up the express line at the grocery store. Priceless...

·
Registered
921 Posts
You do this in a school? And they haven't arrested you yet? :eek:

Reactions: BamaBoy101

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You do this in a school? And they haven't arrested you yet? :eek:
I teach primitive survival and am a firearms instructor.:lol:

Reactions: indie