Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this post could potentially blow up, so I labeled it accordingly:

I'm a guy who lives off of a motorcycle and bags and methods of carrying gear are an ongoing concern and an area for constant improvement and consideration. From tool bags, to panniers, to soft inner bags for panniers, to packable backpacks, to edc organizers, to medical pouches, to tank bags, to duffle bags, to reinforced plastic zippered organizer bags, to compression bags, to...it goes on and on.

I have all these methods of carry and more. I'd love to hear of your unique options that you've discovered in your search for perfect ways to carry your gear.

In the meantime, I'm in search of a medium sized ifak bag (about 6x8, or so). I need it to serve as an all around emergency medical kit for my motorcycle in case of an accident, AND I need it to have a separate breakaway portion that I can keep the bare minimum in for excursions away from my bike where I have no need of serious trauma supplies. As I don't want to carry two sets of medical supplies, I'd like the items in the break away portion to be what completes the main onboard bike kit, if you get my drift.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing some cool ways you've discovered for carrying your gear- whatever that may be, big or small.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
I use dry bags a lot. They double as flotation devices. I’m on/in the water a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use dry bags a lot. They double as flotation devices. I’m on/in the water a lot.
Yeah, I actually use my dry bag for a shower after a 50/50 mix of boiled and cold water gets dumped in. I then hang it with a Hero Clip Carabineer and toss in my compact shower pump. AMAZING hot showers!

Something special about standing about in the woods naked under a hot shower. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The handiest tote bag I have found is a common old nail apron. Its amazing how much important stuff which can be discreetly stowed in it and a with a long tail shirt..nobody knows whats under there..till you whip it out.
Definitely an interesting suggestion, and one I've never heard before. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts