Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out this morning that a friend was in the hospital. She is getting better. While I was there visiting the "nutritionist" came in to get her order for supper and breakfast. Since she is almost always nauseated, supper was picking jello and yogurt. Then the guy asked about breakfast. Before he could start giving her the options she said "Bacon!". I still need to explain to her why I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Bacon and eggs white toast works for me.
I like the other version of bacon also side pork.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Misty is cool, I love her!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Woo boy, does this thread make me hungry for a BLT right now. I just ate some fried chicken and spicy beans, but I could make room for a BLT. After all a BLT is light and crunchy. Like an after dinner snack. :razz:

Food Tableware Ingredient Fast food Sandwich

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just got some Oscar Mayer hotdogs with bacon added. Everything is better with bacon, right? They were tasty but not real bacony.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was eating an ice cream cone while watching Misty, now maybe I should have a bacon sandwich.
BLT's are good for you too.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I was eating an ice cream cone while watching Misty, now maybe I should have a bacon sandwich.
BLT's are good for you too.
They are. There's that green and red stuff in them besides the bacon. I was told by my cardiologist that stuff is good. Clothing Face Smile Chin Eye

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
S has not hit the fan yet so freezer still works not living in town means we keep a freezer filled with a cow and a pig some lamb also.
The pig supplies a fair amount of good bacon, local butchers does a nice job on curing it.

Tomato Gray:
can of stewed tomatoes, little tabasco sauce some bacon fired up and spoon full of bacon drippings
Simmer stewed tomatoes add a small amount of corn starch ,just a bit to thick it slightly.
add bacon dripping chopper fried bacon drop it in pour over fresh biscuits .
Pot of coffee and the day begins

Reactions: Prepadoodle

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Not allowed to have bacon anymore. Stupid heart attack...

I guess now that I can't eat bacon, I'll just have to donate what I would have eaten to my local mosque.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Bacon wrapped grilled shrimp.

Might shorten your lifespan a little, but you'll die happy!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Tomato Gray:
can of stewed tomatoes, little tabasco sauce some bacon fired up and spoon full of bacon drippings
Simmer stewed tomatoes add a small amount of corn starch ,just a bit to thick it slightly.
add bacon dripping chopper fried bacon drop it in pour over fresh biscuits .
Pot of coffee and the day begins
Damn, that sounds good!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I hope your friend is feeling better soon. =) Bacon always makes me feel better,too.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Bacon wrapped grilled shrimp.

Might shorten your lifespan a little, but you'll die happy!
Vert, couldn't find any shrimp that were "decent", so I went this route. here's a little bacon, mixed with creamcheese and jalapenos. Food Ingredient Animal product Recipe Pork

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
So how are them pee-yags killed?
A true story. Now it can be told, the "well known chain" Supermarket in question does not exist anymore and the statute of limitations has run out.

In the early 1970's I worked in the produce department at a "well known chain" (not the store that was the scene of the "event") and we used to save the trimmings and old produce for a local pig farmer. So did other "well known chain" stores. It was probably against policy, but so what.
At the end of the year he gave a live pig to the stores that gave him produce. The pig was taken into the meat department walk-in cooler (to muffle the sound) and shot once in the head with a 22 handgun. It was then butchered, cut and wrapped (on company machines) and shared among us.
I'm sure that in the regulatory country we live in today the EPA, FDA, Dept of Agriculture, CDC, and so many more would have literally made a federal case out of this.
But, man, that fresh pork was excellent!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It is hard to beat bacon.. My fiance will add brown sugar to it when it is about halfway done cooking. It gets all caramelized and sticky. If you haven't had it, you HAVE to try it!! She made some yesterday actually. This mornin, I got up and fixed sausage gravy and biscuits,eggs and some elk sausage on the side.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Inor and I just had bacon with cinnamon rolls. Hard to beat that sweet and salty combo. Both dogs and the cat were watching every bite. I swear the squirrel out on the deck was watching and drooling too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts