Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Agree. Those stores are way too high. You can pick up a dehydrator pretty cheap - $30-$50 and package your own food. Been doing this for a couple years. Works great - jerky and various trail mixes, and they are perfect for when you are out backpacking.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Good stuff but you will go broke fast.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Agree. Those stores are way too high. You can pick up a dehydrator pretty cheap - $30-$50 and package your own food. Been doing this for a couple years. Works great - jerky and various trail mixes, and they are perfect for when you are out backpacking.
yeah what he said!

Personally thats pretty much what I have done. I have dried a good bit of meat a lot of veggies and fruit. It keeps things very light allows you to carry a lot and they are all pretty flexible things to keep for preparing a meal. The dried fruit and meat make for great snacks on the trail. Score a Rabbit or Squirrel or two for dinner and you can rehydrate the veggies and whip up a decent meal or hardy stew and eat pretty well. I have included a lot of rice in my camping bag as well. Again another very flexible ingrediant that lends itself well to a number of one pan meals. The other aspect of it...its cheap as hell compared to other options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts