Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after five weeks and a mile or two on the RV we are back in Las Vegas. Actually two RVs. We drove down in our 27 footer, got stupid while we were In Houston and bought a new 35 footer. Went in to buy a new tie down strap for the tow dolly. A lot nicer unit with much more space and it drives and rides like a dream compared to the old one. I did come to a couple of conclusions while "home". It isn't home any more. It's just a container for old memories, in laws and out laws. After nearly thirty years of living here in Vegas, I have realized I'm more a south westerner than an east Texan. We looked around the San Angelo and Kerrville areas, but with the recently renewed "oil boom" prices for small pieces of property are out of sight. Have also decided to do some direction changing not only in our property search but some other areas as well. I Started with the survival foods. Really did not care for the taste of the Wise dehydrated sample so I have sold the meal buckets I had to a friend and will concentrate on other areas. The gun safe is going to be lightened as well. The thought now is to keep the Bersas, the 9UC as I have 115 and 124s for practice and 147 for my SD mags and the 380s as backup. I'll keep the FS 22 for DW, but the 1911 and maybe the new Ruger 10/22 will go away.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I recognize reverse psychology when I see it - you can't make me go to Montana! :)
Or maybe you are trying to keep me out because it is a really cool place to be..... I think you are confused . . . no wait its me!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Northern Nevada is a lonely place, not sure why you would trade it for Arizona. But for sure sty away from Montana, the few people that are ther have more guns than the Taliban.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in northern Nevada thinking in terms of Arizona did you consider this locale?
I was stationed in Arizona a couple of times over my military years, once in Tucson and once in Phoenix. Really enjoyed my tours, but I follow a couple of RV forums as well as this and a couple of gun forums and IIRC, Arizona does not come in high on the list of places to retire due to their personal income tax laws. I am giving it serious thought as a temporary residence in or around Yuma for a couple of months in the winter, buts will keep Nevada or some other retiree tax friendly state as primary residence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts