Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most preppers that have BOL where they plan on making a stand have put back stuff for trading.
After the dust settles and society starts to regroup there is going to be a lot trading going on. I have
picked up some stuff just for that day but the problem is that's where you want to buy stuff in small quantities.
But boy that can be expensive compared to what the same amount cost in bulk. Like whisky for example for
what a few of the tiny bottles cost I could buy a big bottle. So I am saving baby food, jelly and other jars or
different sizes of reusable containers to put stuff in for trading later. Like,,,, Maybe I can trade a little sugar
or flour for something I want but I only want to trade a small amount. I also have a few boxes of ziploc bags.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I save empty jars and other containers also. Now I am running out of space to store them, so I am starting to store other preps in them. I filled up a couple of empty pickle jars with cotton balls. I suspect by now I could put them all out in the next rainstorm and collect several gallons of water.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I save empty jars and other containers also. Now I am running out of space to store them, so I am starting to store other preps in them. I filled up a couple of empty pickle jars with cotton balls. I suspect by now I could put them all out in the next rainstorm and collect several gallons of water.
Mrs Inor is the queen of jars. We have more jars than most canning companies!

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
I make my own candles & save the wick scraps. Wax is a combination of paraffin & bees wax. Sometimes some scrap crayons for coloring. But the little 2oz jars as well as baby food jars make excellent emergency candles since small & stable. Its not water or food but still would be good trading material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts