Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the whole deal went down at a friends grandmother's house he's currently living in fixing up while she's staying with a friend in florida. This guy, let's call him Jimmy he's a good guy I've known the guy since we were kids he's my oldest friend in the world at present he's had a rough life and fell in with a wife that's lets say a little rough around the edges and has a 'history' so.

I get a call late last night from jim and he's like there's people the wife has around all the time and this one guy just pulled some shit and he says he won't leave because of some law and I'm fed up I need some help. I'm like listen I'll come by and see what I can do. I drive 20 minutes across some of the worst traffic because this guy, apparently called lets say dirk old dirk has been coming back when jim is gone at work and it's just getting out of hand.

I show up place is locked but I see the guy who lives across the street lets call him dan. Dan's a older guy, maybe 52 or so he's a single guy (I think) he's cool he welds and builds all kind of stuff. I've spoken with him on several occasions at length when I'm visiting and he's a cool cat. Not typical of what you see in the area. I do know he's a prepper we talked about it a few times he showed me some of the stuff he's got going on in his dove pens and all this. One time I ran him some quail eggs.

Well I go over and jaw with dan some because jim is on a bus and its taking forever it's raining and dan asks me hey- how's jimmy doing. I know dan well enough and I'm like (you know me honest to a fault) well he's got some problems I'm here to help him with. I tell him yeah it's basically druggies his wife has attracted and god knows what is going on when he's away, the kids are at his dad's and he's on his way back we're HOPEFULLY gonna talk to these folk and send them off to wherever they came from. Dan went "Oh. That's what's been going on over there." I was like yeah he kicked the wife out it's ugly but what can you do. Dan gives me this look. Kind of a misplaced frown.

Jim calls, it's raining. The stop isn't far so I took my leave and went to get him.

I roll back up in the driveway and Tex- who is living there legitimately helping with carpentry he's outside with some woman in the driveway and the place was empty. Jim looks around I go up to Tex and ask why you out here in the rain?

He smokes a cigarette nervously and his hands were shaking. He goes "Some grey haired guy just came in here with a gun and threw everyone out" I shake my head I didn't hear that right. What? He told me he didn't know the guy was he came to the door he thought it was jim, answered guy pointed a gun at him and told him two words - OUT. NOW. I talk to the woman, I never seen her before but she's nervous as all hell too and she adds "He pulled me out by my arm and started going room to room looking for something. She tells me dirk came out barefooted and walked off in the rain. Some girl rode a scooter away. I ask who she's never seen her before. Jim comes back out looking around like I guess he left and Tex started yelling at him like man that guy came in here was that you? I look at Jim jim shrugs. Jim asks what he looked like.

Tex shows us how tall (tex is a six foot black guy from texas) He shows us. Grey hair. I ask what was he wearing? Lady and tex can't seem to agree- either a red hoodie or a sweat jacket. They weren't looking at his fashion sense they were looking at the gun. Did he say anything to you? I'm stunned I'm like this all went down in the five minutes I was- then it hits me.

Grey hair, came out of nowhere wearing a hoodie, two words to anyone that he did speak were real simple. Out. Now.

I mean to tell you these people were nowhere in sight. It's day and a little rainy. I look at jim, jim is looking at me a little disturbed. Lady takes off in a car, tex goes inside. I go inside.

EVERY closet door and room door was open. Every one of them. These people left their jackets, shoes, personal effects, hell even one of them left their SHOES. At this point I'm like was it bruce wayne, was daredevil here? We look through their stuff, yeah- there's suspicious shit in there we throw it out.

Ok I go to leave, turn the corner, I hear a trucker on the CB say there's a traffic god dang jam so instead of turn right I turn left and head toward the other exit across town. I'm like a minute out and I see a kinda chubby chick on a scooter at this bodega. I pull over and get out I'm like hey were you just at jim's house what happened?

She's freaked out, pale. "This guy busted into our room and he was gonna kill us! He pointed a gun at us, (sob)!!" I just tell her hey calm down did he say anything, why he was there? She shakes her head "No! He just said out now and we ran outside and I got the **** out of there!" I ask "Have you seen the guy before?" and she nods. "It was that guy across the street."

Apparently, dan had put on just a smidgen of a disguise, walked across the street in broad daylight mind you with a handgun IMITATED his neighbor through the door to gain entrance, went room to room sweeping the place SOCOM style expelled the rest and secured the perimeter. Nobody saw him leave, apparently he locked up behind himself. I didn't dust the place for prints but I broke it down enough to safely assume he left through the laundry room door while they were dispersing (I would imagine) pretty god damned rapidly because by the time I arrived me and jim only saw tex and that lady. Four others probably fled like hell. Thing is the dogs out back never barked or tex would have at least known someone was coming- unless it was someone they knew.

That folks, is some serious skill sets. :vs_lol: now THAT'S a neighborhood watch.

Not to mention what were they gonna do call the cops all high on drugs? Nobody would buy it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dan maybe be a brave sort but he is lucky he didn't walk into an ambush of driuggies. A lot of our drug dens in the area have better armaments and security then the malls do.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan maybe be a brave sort but he is lucky he didn't walk into an ambush of driuggies. A lot of our drug dens in the area have better armaments and security then the malls do.
Man I'm still going over it in my mind I can't sleep. Only answer I can give is he was watching them, I mean damn he's just across the street. We found glass pipes I mean...how could you have seen that coming I surely didn't. It was like 2 o'clock. Some unknown guy busts into the place in and out before I got back? Best we got from them he came, place emptied out he was gone before anyone understood what just happened and that is the screwed up part he didn't upset the dogs out back and nobody saw the guy leave. Brave sort? Yeah more like I'm wondering if this guy isn't an affiliate of those two broads that killed kim jong il's brother. My mom recently had a freaky encounter I should post that for all the motorcyclists here.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
It is going to take a lot more action to claim back the neighborhoods and streets from such people. JMHO

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
The drug problem is really getting bad. I had occasion to talk with a funeral director recently; told me dead young druggies are his biggest business component now.

I'm glad everybody is all right. You're a good friend, Leon.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a big heroine and meth problem around here and yeah it comes from illegals is what the cops say, even closer to the nice part of the county I live in it all comes off I-85 because there's so much traffic and off ramps.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
@Leon Dan the Man is someone you want to keep around. If you think about it it would only be a matter of time before the druggies would be a problem for Dan. They will steal anything that is not bolted down to get a fix. I wish I had him for a neighbor. Hopefully they wont come back. Tell Jim he needs to find another woman.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Leon Dan the Man is someone you want to keep around. If you think about it it would only be a matter of time before the druggies would be a problem for Dan. They will steal anything that is not bolted down to get a fix. I wish I had him for a neighbor. Hopefully they wont come back. Tell Jim he needs to find another woman.
We been texting back and forth Jim still hasn't asked him about it I was like I wouldn't either just sayin

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
** UPDATE** this is pretty much unrelated but there was a call from jim real strange like 340am last night he was incoherent, asking for a ride he didn't know where he was, his estranged hoe (I mean wife) calls me hysterical telling me he just called her and sounded all whacked out he doesn't know where he is, I'm like GOD dang it I'm still sleeping but I get up I figure it's the punks coming back again. I call Tex, he's sleeping. I'm like go to his room and see if he's ok....I want he's grumbling. I hear a door open. Tex says what he's gone. Jimmy! He calls his name a few times. Nothing. I grab the keys hit the BOV.

20 minutes later I show up, Tex is waiting the lights are on they got nothing even the dogs didn't bark. Jim is missing. I get on the phone call him I get an answer. Jim are you ok where are you?! He's like Imma-imma wait...Leon? Are you near me I'm...how the hell did I get to kroger? I hear something and the call ends. I jump in the truck and head over to kroger it was like a half mile as the crow flies through the woods.

I found jim face down on a sidewalk near it in a jacket I never saw him wear, I thought he was a bum laying there until I called and his pocket rang. I freak out like oh shit! I wake him up and he's incoherent. He's feverish and can't respond to half the stuff I'm saying to him I call the ambulance. They get there (gotta hand it to sandy springs) like within 6 minutes with a whole fire crew and the cavalry Jim is positively rambling in some kind of fever dream. I got him in the truck and hit the heater while we waited.

Spent until around 8 this morning waiting he comes out D-wing in a wheelchair doc tells me he had walking pneumonia and a bad case of mold allergy- probably at the same time. They have been reworking a house from the 40's. BOTH of his kids always have breathing problems there. He's getting some rest and fresh air in the guest house but talk about some crazy outlandish bad luck. Jim did wake up at like 9pm and we ate steaks and he talked with amy and seems to be a lot better but he got tired again an hour later doc says that's the antibiotics. He's crashed out there I have been checking on him but he seems to be coming out of it pretty well. Big scare. Best he could tell me he was headed to the 24 hour kroger to get some nyquil. It's not but a block from there.

Now I get a call from Tex everyone is getting out of the building- the back wall is full of black mold. Everyone was having breathing problems and coughing. Tex might be going to the hospital too. Apparently they cracked open a wall and bam- overnight everyone is sick. I had a look at the pictures and it's BAD, just in one wall. I'm starting to wonder if the initial bullshit was not a meth lab but like radon or air poisoning. (I do know she had a history but she seems pretty much livid about the place and her kids rather than Jim's treatment of her.)

**UPDATE** Jim walked in here just now and he's doing a lot better he's still wheezing he's coughing but I have not fallen sick. It's definitely not a virus, his system got worn out definitely from the stress and he's still hacking and spitting out nasty yellow loogies. Amy is headed here with the kids dear god my advice to you people- do not marry a woman and have two kids by her if you do not have a plan. Definitely make sure the place you are moving to is safe for you and anyone near you. That is this case we may as well torch that joint and rebuild.

·
Super Moderator
9,729 Posts
I think Dan's a Ninja!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts