Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife texted me suggesting we get an ATV for our up north adventures. Lots of great trails, and the entire county where our cabin is lives around ATV use (every bar and store has ATV parking). When asking my buddies up north about ATVs the only advice I got was that ATVs are scarce and there’s extremely low inventory, which means used ATVs are selling for a premium and selling almost as fast as they’re listed. There’s no new inventory That I’ve found. One local shop up north had a consignment come in, a 2015 Wildcat Sport XL with 4K miles.. they’re asking $8k, but they sold for $13k new. They’re holding it until Monday, because we know the shop owner...

anyone have any advice? Specific experience with these ATVs? the wife actually is leaning towards wanting a two person on top ATV, not a side by side, but those are even more rare..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm definitely no expert, but my wife and I are on the same journey just a little further down the road. We decided to get a 2 up ATV to get around our hunting land in northern WI. We have 200 acres with about 6 miles of logging roads on it and walking trying to put in food plots and trail cams got to be tiring. We found a wonderful dealer to work with and we ordered a 2021 Polaris Sportsman Touring EPS last month. According to Polaris it should be delivered in mid June if not sooner. I saw earlier this week that they got in a couple new ATV and UTV that were not pre-sold. I guess my long winded point is that there are lots of dealers out there and although the availability is not what it usually is, they can be stumbled upon.
I don't know anything about the Wildcat, but I wouldn't settle on one that is not exactly what you want. If you keep your eyes open and do some searching, you will find what you want. One word of advice if you do decide to look around, watch the fee's some dealers try and get. I had a dealer in Madison quoted me $1004 of fees on top of an already high price. The dealer I'm working with has no fee's and fair prices. You just have to look. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Shop around local dealers have plenty around here. Drive a little you may save a lot. Some dealers are playing the shortage card for all it's worth. Trying to make as much money as they can right now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are in Canada the price seems fair. If you are in the states seems a little over priced.

I am going to echo others, look around to find what you want or need. Don't just buy on the shortage. The dealer can usually bring in a new atv in 6-8 weeks.

Also do your research, there are still some junk brand names out there that you will want to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
A friend of mine has a '14 artic cat 700 and is having a very hard time with replacement parts.
Thing has sat more this year

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts