Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming you are preparing for some sort of catastrophic event from a major 6 mo. electrical outage to a global economic collapse, how long from today's date will it take you to be reasonably prepared to semi-comfortably survive at your current rate of prepping? (I'll post my own answer after hearing a few of yours.)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We're in pretty good shape right now. There is always more to get and more to learn. But I think we would manage fine now.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Right now. Do I have everything I want? Of course not. I'd like a few more rounds, another food source, another water source... but I have everything I need.
Everything I "want" of course not, everything I "need" yes I am.

The difference between want and need is The difference between Democrat and Republican

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Everything I "want" of course not, everything I "need" yes I am.

The difference between want and need is The difference between Democrat and Republican
That answer was one hundred percent mine and not directed at yours in any way. :)

I'd also like a short bed diesel running higher gears to compensate for taller tires, with a 1000 watts of sound to let the zombies know I like to rock. I don't have it, and I might survive without it, but I think I'd be better off with it.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Been ready

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
I will never be more prepared than I am now. I am not getting any younger and there comes a point where no amount of goods will make up for old age. It would really suck to have to bug out in one of those Walmart scooters.
Mmmmmm.......... may have to look into mounting a Stoner LMG or something similar on one of those.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ready enough, but watch out any man coming within 100 miles of my house cause there will be 4 women up here and darn I didn't stock up on any Midol... matter of fact I have never taken one in my life.
I'm starting to understand why guns are a lower priority. You put that information on a sign, I guarantee me and mine will steer clear. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ready enough to live, but not ready enough to deal with all possibilities in comfort. I still don't own a piece of land myself and have it set up in self sufficiency. I live relative to the city too because of the work I do. The whole east coast has way too much population also that could ever be fed when the system at large crumbles. I plan to bug out at some point when it does and go to my bol's or go where I can. Not because I want to, but when I have to.

At what point will I be ready? When I have that piece of land and it set up to hold out long term of my own, with people who can hold it out with me. Until than, I'm working on it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts