Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

At Least It's Not Shoes and Purses

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  ekim 
#1 ·
I won't say how much I've been spending on preps, but I've been a little gung-ho about it these days. Got paid today, bought two books, a good pressure cooker and the hand pump for the well. I've already allocated all the rest of this check, just haven't gotten to spending it yet. Like I tell my husband, at least it's not shoes and purses! ;)

Do any of you get in trouble with your significant others for how much you spend getting geared up?

#2 ·
Not I. My wife just says, "whatever you want dear" which roughly translates to as long as it is for us it is OK.
I don't have to tell her anything but that money is tight because she has no idea how much money we have or where it is going. As long as we stay below the monthly budget she gets to get her trinkets and I get mine and ours.

Reactions: indie
#8 ·
Mrs Inor complain about spending money on preps? Not in a million years. Just last night I suggested we should buy ourselves a couple luxury items for our anniversary that is coming up in a few weeks, thinking women want luxury stuff for sentimental days like anniversaries. When I called home over lunch today, she admonished me and said the money would be put to better use buying more guns and ammo. That's my girl! :)

#11 ·
I won't say how much I've been spending on preps, but I've been a little gung-ho about it these days. Got paid today, bought two books, a good pressure cooker and the hand pump for the well. I've already allocated all the rest of this check, just haven't gotten to spending it yet. Like I tell my husband, at least it's not shoes and purses! ;)

Do any of you get in trouble with your significant others for how much you spend getting geared up?
That sounds dangerous, how big is that pressure cooker?:-?

#13 ·
"Do any of you get in trouble with your significant others for how much you spend getting geared up "
No , when you been married 38 years you kind of worked all that stuff out long ago.
From what I have seen the last few years more women are waking up to what is happening to our country .
They seem to be a major driving force in new fire arms purchases.

Reactions: indie
#17 ·
After 43 years of marriage she knows that I'm going to do whatever I think is best. She also knows that I will not do anything that will effect are life style without talking to her first.

I prep to live not live to prep!
Being married is what allow us to get to the point we don't have to worry about spending a few bucks on a 1000's rounds or a new weapon.
If I had stayed single I would likely be limited to a 25 dollar shot gun and 1 box of shells.

Reactions: Inor
This post has been deleted
#23 ·
OK, this is completely out of character but someone has to say it:

Women don't need shoes. They can walk around with nothin' but the radio on and be jes' fine.

- not really Paul - this was posted by a guy that hacked into my account!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.