Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I decided to do some art work on my new Colt AR 15 M4 ,by art I mean just whiting out some of the engraved relief lettering ,markings and numbers..."lol"

I chose to do it with flat white acrylic instead of flat white fingernail paint , the acrylic was easier to apply, cleanup and removal was easy as well , I was also concern with the finish on the lower receiver did not want to use harsh chemicals ....

I had used flat white acrylic a while back on my Glock mag witness numbers with good results haven't had to touch them up yet...

Anyways hope you enjoy...

DSC_5047.jpg DSC_5045.jpg DSC_5046.jpg DSC_5042.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
You got it on there nice and clean sharp lines.
I took my 6920 out and got it dirty today. little range time out back sitting on the table waiting for a wipe down.

Reactions: Elia Cid

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got it on there nice and clean sharp lines.
I took my 6920 out and got it dirty today. little range time out back sitting on the table waiting for a wipe down.
How do you like yours , appreciate any tips... "lol"
Haven't fired mines yet, can't wait, looking forward to zeroing in the Eotech ...
Thanks...

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
How do you like yours , appreciate any tips... "lol"
Haven't fired mines yet, can't wait, looking forward to zeroing in the Eotech ...
Thanks...
I own a few 6920's they are fine Ar's Colt is the standard I don't what other brand sells for less They can not be beat even at higher prices. You will likely want a good Rail system down the road. Don't have to be an over priced one.
I think I have bought my last DI type AR. I have 3 Gas piston ones and finding it is the way to go.
I have been playing with one of the 6290's hanging some tools on it to wet and cold to ride so why not. Of course it will not be the US ARMY colt any more it will be the US ARMY Remington
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gear...s-order-for-24000-m4-carbines-with-remington/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own a few 6920's they are fine Ar's Colt is the standard I don't what other brand sells for less They can not be beat even at higher prices. You will likely want a good Rail system down the road. Don't have to be an over priced one.
I think I have bought my last DI type AR. I have 3 Gas piston ones and finding it is the way to go.
I have been playing with one of the 6290's hanging some tools on it to wet and cold to ride so why not. Of course it will not be the US ARMY colt any more it will be the US ARMY Remington
U.S. Army places order for 24,000 M4A1 carbines with Remington | Military Times GearScout

Wow , nice set up ...:mrgreen:

I my go for the SIG 556 DMR or the Colt LE901 in a .308 Win, not sure have to do my research... "lol"
Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Just a note on the Huldra 5.45 they fired one 4844 rounds to failure using Russian ammo no lube no cleaning. Cleaned and right back to shooting That is amazing for an AR.
The gas piston system works

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just a note on the Huldra 5.45 they fired one 4844 rounds to failure using Russian ammo no lube no cleaning. Cleaned and right back to shooting That is amazing for an AR.
The gas piston system works
Smitty take a look...
My only issue is I wish it were offered in a gas piston configuration , but that won't stop me from getting one if I decide to buy one, still think it's a great value...

Colt-LE901-16S_001.jpg
Colt 901 Modular Carbine .308/.223 - New Gun Review - LE901-16S

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Smitty take a look...
My only issue is I wish it were offered in a gas piston configuration , but that won't stop me from getting one if I decide to buy one, still think it's a great value...

View attachment 779
Colt 901 Modular Carbine .308/.223 - New Gun Review - LE901-16S
Very nice set up I avoid the 308 simple because I have a few very good 308 long guns if the m24 fails me I done anyway.

You can put the Adams Arms conversion on any AR upper simple conversion. One down side not all uppers will clear the rod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts