Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my wife has been making me clean out my "storage" closet, I got a ACH, size medium. Ive seen these things stop 7.62, and would hate to just trash it. If anyone wants it email me and we can figure something out..

·
Registered
24,349 Posts
Was this part of your T/A-50?
That is to say, are you trying to sell something that should have been returned?

Sorry, but I err on the side of caution and am cautious about the internet. Never know who is us and who is them. :-D

·
Registered
570 Posts
ACHs are good. I have my issued one, as well as one for my own personal use. They're not designed to stop rifle rounds, but there are plenty of stories out there of them doing just that. Certainly worth a look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only way a Kevlar helmet will stop rifle rounds is if by some miracle you're just far enough away from the shooter, that the projectile looses most of it's muzzle energy and just barely hits you.

Any closer and it'll punch right through the first side, your head, and back out again.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
The only way a Kevlar helmet will stop rifle rounds is if by some miracle you're just far enough away from the shooter, that the projectile looses most of it's muzzle energy and just barely hits you.

Any closer and it'll punch right through the first side, your head, and back out again.
I watched a show recently where a securities firm was shooting armor of nearly every kind with an AK and every one of them failed miserably.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It probably is but if he is out of the army that means he AQUIRED one .. which also means it was off the books now if he's still in don't buy you an be prosecuted for buying government stolen equipment. not to be disrespectful but i am currently in an see this all the time. I have a lot of purchased items from GI stores ... and i have seen ach's there so it could be a bought one just a heads up to those uninformed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts