Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
A slippery slope, if it’s true that he is in fact infected , there are some still in denial, we have one in our family, not infected yet that we know of, but refuses to acknowledge there is a pandemic going on, goes about his normal routine with no regard for others safety, he thinks we are all idiots.....I explained that with what we are doing is ok for now, better to comply and be wrong than not comply and be wrong.....we will all know in time if in fact it’s a conspiracy and we will all act accordingly.......

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I get their concern. But drag a tree into my driveway. I will drop one on you. You can stand in the street you can carry signs you and do a lot. Step on any peace of land I own and it is on.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Hear northern WI is having a problem with IL people invading the area. Moving up and cleaning out the stores, driving around looking for open restaurants. Totally ignoring any social distancing practices. People are getting worked up and wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing.
City folks just don't understand that the rural people that actually live in the back woods. Can easily spot and pick out the strangers that don't belong. Stay home, like we are doing. Stop spreading the virus.

·
Administrator
15,018 Posts
All my ancestors were from Maine, all the way back to before the Revolution.
Although I’m a Southerner, the blood in my veins, and my DNA, is 100% Maine.
We are a different breed. Redneck Mainuhs anyway.:vs_laugh:

I can completely understand dropping a tree across his drive so he couldn’t get out.
The resident in question had just come from somewhere else 30 days ago to the little island.
An “outsider” would probably bring out these feelings in the rural South too.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Whoa Hold On a Minute People!

I've owned property in multiple states and currently in multiple counties and what these "armed vigilantes" did is nothing short of Criminal Trespass, Vandalism and Felony Property Damage.

I'll have to look up Constitution case law, but last I know, Every Citizen of these United States has the absolute right to freely travel to any of the 50 states.

Coincidentally, Mrs S and I had this conversation last night. I need to go to our other property and what if I'm stopped on a road block (like supposedly they are doing in Florida)? My state issued license says one address and it coincides with my vehicle registration and I am denied access to the property that I own?

This is insanity!

(On a humorous side note, this am I had a dead pine tree down across my road. I cleared it with a snatch rope and my Jeep and just came back from pushing it into the woods with my tractor...now I wonder if any of my "neighbors" are sending me a message? :vs_worry:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
(On a humorous side note, this am I had a dead pine tree down across my road. I cleared it with a snatch rope and my Jeep and just came back from pushing it into the woods with my tractor...now I wonder if any of my "neighbors" are sending me a message? :vs_worry:)
You may need the wood for making low-grade Slippy Pikes for low-grade people.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
You may need the wood for making low-grade Slippy Pikes for low-grade people.
Excellent Point T-Man! Up until now I have relied on the "Bottom of My Hand to the Bridge of Their Nose" strategy regarding low grade peeps, when all along there was a new market niche right there in front of me! :vs_shake:

(I knew I should have hired you for Director Of New Product Development when I had the chance! :vs_mad:)

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Seriously, back on topic...

Privileges and Immunities Clause Of The Constitution of The United States

The Privileges and Immunities Clause of Article IV, Section 2 of the Constitution states that "the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states." This clause protects fundamental rights of individual citizens and restrains state efforts to discriminate against out-of-state citizens. However, the Privileges and Immunities Clause extends not to all commercial activity, but only to fundamental rights.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

I've owned property in multiple states and currently in multiple counties and what these "armed vigilantes" did is nothing short of Criminal Trespass, Vandalism and Felony Property Damage.

I'll have to look up Constitution case law, but last I know, Every Citizen of these United States has the absolute right to freely travel to any of the 50 states.

Coincidentally, Mrs S and I had this conversation last night. I need to go to our other property and what if I'm stopped on a road block (like supposedly they are doing in Florida)? My state issued license says one address and it coincides with my vehicle registration and I am denied access to the property that I own?

This is insanity!

I agree with you 100% !!!
That said -
These are not normal times where that truth will come into play.
That incident ^^ is a good example of what is to come. You think not?
There will be NO 'lifting' of the lockdowns, and they will increase. How do I know?

EVERYONE including Trump is saying - "We're looking at the data."
In a country this size, the 'data' is only going to look worse and worse (whether valid or conspiracy)
You really think Governors will let their businesses open? By Easter? In a couple months? Try July, IF then.
Before this ends - the economy will be bust and civil unrest the order of the day.

Right now - covid fear is the impetus. Just wait for food shortages to start.
The 'hot hungry hordes' are just getting started.
Early days.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts

This is insanity!

We also own land in another county. It's set up for camping with a few amenities. If shit goes down hill, the family is instructed to meet there with everything they can haul, our camper is ready to go and it's on our way there. I only hope that with an explanation to law enforcement they would let us be on our way, if not, we will deal with it at that time......

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
And the madness continues.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Yeah..this is way over the top.

With the spread of the virus and “hysteria” whipped up by the media, along with states watching borders with checkpoints I may get interesting in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
All my ancestors were from Maine, all the way back to before the Revolution.
Although I'm a Southerner, the blood in my veins, and my DNA, is 100% Maine.
We are a different breed. Redneck Mainuhs anyway.:vs_laugh:

I can completely understand dropping a tree across his drive so he couldn't get out.
The resident in question had just come from somewhere else 30 days ago to the little island.
An "outsider" would probably bring out these feelings in the rural South too.
Same here. The family tree is traced back to the early 1700's.

I was going to move to north-western Maine when I "retired" until after doing some research found that there are just too many liberals.
That really surprised me.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,500 Posts
I agree with you 100% !!!
That said -
These are not normal times where that truth will come into play.
That incident ^^ is a good example of what is to come. You think not?
There will be NO 'lifting' of the lockdowns, and they will increase. How do I know?

EVERYONE including Trump is saying - "We're looking at the data."
In a country this size, the 'data' is only going to look worse and worse (whether valid or conspiracy)
You really think Governors will let their businesses open? By Easter? In a couple months? Try July, IF then.
Before this ends - the economy will be bust and civil unrest the order of the day.

Right now - covid fear is the impetus. Just wait for food shortages to start.
The 'hot hungry hordes' are just getting started.
Early days.
You certainly take a bleak look at the future, don't ya?

What you're describing would be the worst case scenario for those "in power" for the simple fact that we are supremely well armed and motivated. If they had disarmed us, and THEN this outbreak happened, sure. Keep everything closed until people starve. But that simply can't play out in the United States as it currently exists. Armed rioters *WILL* drag those "in power" from their beds and slaughter their families in the streets.
Pick any 3rd world sh!thole on the planet where the peasants still have guns, and you can see it's true. How much moreso for a country birthed by revolution and armed to the teeth with weaponry equal to or exceeding "military grade". Not to mention, half of our military would eventually disperse, and loot whatever they pleased as they did.
Contrary to Biden's asinine comments about "how do you fight against F-16s and tanks", the answer will be simple, "with our own F-16s and tanks, dumbass."

No, "they" don't want this to drag out longer than it has to. Every day that passes, they inch themselves toward the chopping block, and they know it.

The worst possible way this plays out is as follows:
1. Loud grumbling and civil disobedience begins due to extended "lockdowns".
2. People begin to return to daily life in spite of recommendations.
3. Government responds, hoping to quell the masses by fear.
4. It works for a few days, and then the food shortages start.
5. Civil unrest turns to full on riots.
6. Responding in the only way they know, governments again attempt fear and intimidation.
7. The fire is lit, full-on revolt ensues. The wolves come out from all sides. The "powerful" retreat behind their assumed protection.
8. They that though themselves in power retreat or are killed by their "protectors" because their protectors can't protect their ward AND their own families.
9. New powers are installed.
10. A new normal comes to the U.S.

It is up to us to ensure that 9 and 10 are done right. My vote is a return to strict interpretation of the constitution. After suffering the above, we'll all have the proper mindset the founders had when they wrote the damn thing, and it will become obvious to all just exactly WHY it was written in the manner that it was.

The best possible way this plays out:
1. Lockdowns last only as long as necessary.
2. Those that "violate" them are slapped on the wrist, because real punishment for this is just tyranny.
3. The beds and ventilators are ready.
4. A working vaccine is dispersed.
5. Life returns to normal by mid May to early June.

Pray for the latter. Prepare for the former.
:armata_PDT_36:

·
Administrator
15,018 Posts

What you're describing would be the worst case scenario for those "in power" for the simple fact that we are supremely well armed and motivated. If they had disarmed us, and THEN this outbreak happened, sure. Keep everything closed until people starve. But that simply can't play out in the United States as it currently exists. Armed rioters *WILL* drag those "in power" from their beds and slaughter their families in the streets.
Pick any 3rd world sh!thole on the planet where the peasants still have guns, and you can see it's true. How much moreso for a country birthed by revolution and armed to the teeth with weaponry equal to or exceeding "military grade". Not to mention, half of our military would eventually disperse, and loot whatever they pleased as they did.
Contrary to Biden's asinine comments about "how do you fight against F-16s and tanks", the answer will be simple, "with our own F-16s and tanks, dumbass."

No, "they" don't want this to drag out longer than it has to. Every day that passes, they inch themselves toward the chopping block, and they know it.

6. Responding in the only way they know, governments again attempt fear and intimidation.
7. The fire is lit, full-on revolt ensues. The wolves come out from all sides. The "powerful" retreat behind their assumed protection.
8. They that though themselves in power retreat or are killed by their "protectors" because their protectors can't protect their ward AND their own families.

It is up to us to ensure that 9 and 10 are done right. My vote is a return to strict interpretation of the constitution. After suffering the above, we'll all have the proper mindset the founders had when they wrote the damn thing, and it will become obvious to all just exactly WHY it was written in the manner that it was.

2. Those that "violate" them are slapped on the wrist, because real punishment for this is just tyranny.

Well written. Thank you.
And Chuck Norris agrees. I do too.
https://www.westernjournal.com/chuc...al-law-americas-covid-strategy-doesnt-change/

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Administrator
15,018 Posts

This is insanity!

Slippy, my friend, you have to remember they do things a little different Up North.
Down here, we'd just burn a cross in the guys yard.
(Am I showing my age?:vs_laugh:)

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks for the reply, will respond soon, watching Trump live speech - he's extending the Social Distancing Guidelines to Apr 30. There's more...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts