Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night in Coeur D'Alene Idaho- there were rumors of an Antifa attack out of Spokane WA (30 miles away) - armed patriots came out in force and covered the streets of downtown. You will not believe this. It's amazing!!!

Press article: https://cdapress.com/news/2020/jun/02/armed-patriots-patrol-coeur-dalene-5/

If the vid below is too graphic (language) for the prepperforums site - here is the direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1rJTdA4u-E
Video showing Patriots, standing ready:

https://www.downvids.net/ray-robles-king-ray-robles-king-tait-en-direct--1475972.html
<--this link already removed! Grrrr...
I'll keep finding it as they try and chase it offline.

Powerful. People protecting their own.

Personal note: I enjoyed seeing the range of weapons these guys and gals carry...and I always thought maybe one or two would show up to protect..but not this many, not like this. I seriously doubt this area will ever be attacked, and if so - it wont last long. This apparently also had LE support/blessing; not a cop to be seen.
None needed. :vs_cool:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Seems as natural as breathing. Question is, why don't more folks band together like this?
When it comes to it - I think they will.

From the article:

"... Carson said he was in Spokane Sunday night helping protect business there. He said he supports the right to protest and is also upset about the death of George Floyd."By all means. I'm on their side. I disagree with what happened," he said. "What I don't agree with is when you turn to violence, and you start rioting and destroying businesses and hurting people who have nothing to do with anything."That's what I'm here to hopefully prevent," he said, adding, "I'm not going to be alone. There's a lot more on the way."

He was right. Soon, more armed men, self-described as a loosely formed group of patriots, arrived. They took up posts at corners on both sides of Sherman Avenue.Later, they were joined by hundreds of citizens packing rifles, semi-automatic weapons, handguns, and bows and arrows. The sidewalks were packed with people walking up and down Sherman Avenue, firearms proudly displayed for all to see. They carried guns, had them holstered around their hips and had them strapped across their backs.

It was literally a call to arms - and people responded. Armed citizens proudly turned up with guns and American flags. They sent a clear message: North Idaho will protect its own. "

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
AWESOME! Makes me smile and wish I had saved more of my earned income over the years and was sitting at Slippy Lodge II outside of Couer d'Alene!

You know, I've realized something that probably most of us have known since the days of the Founding of This Great Republic.

While we say we are "Americans", most of us are really;

Southerners, or Michiganders, or Georgians, or Northwesterns, Or Teton Mountain Folk, or Green Mountain Boys, or Volunteers out of Tennessee, or Texans, or Wasatch Mountain Families, or Nebraskans, or Whatever Region or People we identify with. (Sorry I didn't get all the regions but it would take forever!)

My point is, while we are American By Birth, we are mostly who we live, breathe, work, eat, love and die with. Make sense?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AWESOME! Makes me smile and wish I had saved more of my earned income over the years and was sitting at Slippy Lodge II outside of Couer d'Alene!

You know, I've realized something that probably most of us have known since the days of the Founding of This Great Republic.

While we say we are "Americans", most of us are really;

Southerners, or Michiganders, or Georgians, or Northwesterns, Or Teton Mountain Folk, or Green Mountain Boys, or Volunteers out of Tennessee, or Texans, or Wasatch Mountain Families, or Nebraskans, or Whatever Region or People we identify with. (Sorry I didn't get all the regions but it would take forever!)

My point is, while we are American By Birth, we are mostly who we live, breathe, work, eat, love and die with. Make sense?
It does, yes, very much. AND what makes us 'Americans' - is the fabric of the founding documents that enables us to fully support your right to be whoever you are and wherever you are from. It's the tie that unites us - and keeps us all free.

·
Super Moderator
9,705 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for suggesting this but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Is it possible that some good may come out of both the Covid crap and the protest/riots/looting?

I ask this because I have heard the words "rights" and "unconstitutional" used more recently by common folk (not us preppers because we're obsessed with those words) as of late. Referring to curfews, SIP orders being unconstitutional. Also human rights and the right to protect yourself and your livelihood. Not to mention many non gun owners now purchasing firearms to protect themselves and their toilet paper.

Just a musing I had.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,047 Posts
If ever there was a scene of the modern day militia, that is it.

We aren't talking backwoods, anti-government, compound livin, mall ninjas. We're talking true blue American patriots coming together to defend their homes and businesses.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people..." - George Mason

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll probably get flamed for suggesting this but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Is it possible that some good may come out of both the Covid crap and the protest/riots/looting?

I ask this because I have heard the words "rights" and "unconstitutional" used more recently by common folk (not us preppers because we're obsessed with those words) as of late. Referring to curfews, SIP orders being unconstitutional. Also human rights and the right to protect yourself and your livelihood. Not to mention many non gun owners now purchasing firearms to protect themselves and their toilet paper.

Just a musing I had.

Yes, very possible, and I think already has.

Regular folks have a taste, now, of what gov domination looks like (lockdowns) - and (thanks to the msm-hype) what the danger at their door looks like.

If you get flamed, toss some of the fire this way cause frankly I love watching all the riots because I'm pretty sure what it's doing to common folks' psyche.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This series of posts is,in my opinion, indicative of the very reason that the riots are happening.
You are absolutely right. Rioters have no concept of self-responsibility - so people taking care of themselves and others, would be very foreign to those who only want to destroy and demand what they think they are entitled to without working for it. I'm certain people who exhibit integrity and honor would appear to be a real threat to them. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

Just a musing I had.

I hope your optimistic musing is true. I personally think people only care about their own "rights" when it suits them. I see fear that is based in selfish ignorance. I see hypocrisy and entitlement. The vast majority do not understand what their rights are, and they are for the most part blind to solidarity and sacrifice. Going out and chanting a slogan is one tiny step towards a better future in which racism doesn't exist.

Go to the hoods, and build to protest. Be kind to those that are unkind to protest. Love thy neighbor to protest. Why aren't community leaders preaching this message? In my opinion the leaders care only about personal gain.

To any here who think racism is a problem in America I say go out into your own communities and sacrifice.

·
Super Moderator
9,705 Posts
I hope your optimistic musing is true. I personally think people only care about their own "rights" when it suits them. I see fear that is based in selfish ignorance. I see hypocrisy and entitlement. The vast majority do not understand what their rights are, and they are for the most part blind to solidarity and sacrifice. Going out and chanting a slogan is one tiny step towards a better future in which racism doesn't exist.

Go to the hoods, and build to protest. Be kind to those that are unkind to protest. Love thy neighbor to protest. Why aren't community leaders preaching this message? In my opinion the leaders care only about personal gain.

To any here who think racism is a problem in America I say go out into your own communities and sacrifice.
You're right the leaders are anything but leaders.

I guess my cautious optimism stems from having both family and friends who,while not Liberals, weren't very good conservatives. They didn't really pay attention. Now they are fed up and paying attention. And they dont like what they see.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts

Just a musing I had.

NO DOUBT that something good will come of this. 1000% Believe that.

I like to tell this story because it hits some people like a hammer AND its TRUE.

Over 25 years after our Son1 was diagnosed, treated and beat childhood Leukemia, sometimes people just find out and they are all heartbroken and shit and want to still console us even after a quarter century has passed and Son1 is healthier than a freakin pack mule on steroids.

Anyway, people get all sentimental and shit and they ask me and Mrs Slippy how did we do it? We both reply immediately unrehearsed; "Because we had no choice, we just rolled up our damn sleeves and did what we could". Some people say, "Oh that must have been soooo hard, we feel for you all".

And my response is always; "Don't feel sorry for us, it was the best thing that ever happened to our family"!

And I let them think about it. The dimwits don't get it and end up thinking I'm crazy. The "REAL" people get quiet for a moment then they smile and nod their head. they get it .

Same with this Covid19 and Antifa Riot crap. We'll get through it and some really good stuff will emerge...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts