Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I'm all for it but as some have said the odds are that some will try to cause violence and make the police over react, not that the police will need much reason to get violent. If violence does come about, I would hope all that are injured would be on the government side.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
This is an heroic step in the fight for second amendment guaranteed rights but it is also a baited trap. All it would take is for one third party sniper to fire a round into a policeman and people will react. Will those who are injured and killed become martyrs for the cause? Or will they be touted as thugs who initiated shooting on the police? The answer is yes, they will. Each side will have enough to call it a win if violence breaks out. If the peaceful march goes off without a hitch then the gun lobby can say that they won and the anti-gun crowd can say that the "nutters" tried to prove something and they proved nothing.
I am both glad and sorry that I am not closer because I would get involved but all I can do from here is cheer them on.
I hope the police can put their macho egos aside and let them practice their right to bear arms but I have my doubts. I suppose that only time will tell.

Reactions: punch and Leon

·
Registered
436 Posts
While I am a strong supporter of 2nd Ammend rights and am a gun owner, I can only see this as ending badly and giving the left and anti-gun crowd exactly what they want.
I'm afraid I'm with you Tripper on this one. Not real smart going up against the government today as it isn't 1776 any more and the public is truly out gunned even by LEO's never mind the National Guard or the Military.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
There will likely be police there - DC police - to "control" the situation but the citizens have every right to walk peacefully through town bearing arms. That right was re-iterated by the supreme court and DC has ignored it long enough. Do they ignore the oath they took to support and defend the constitution or do they act like they usually do and try to arrest them. It would be less messy to kill them all but that isn't going to happen and the protesters won't provoke the police. The one thing that concerns me is a third party interfering with the demonstration in some hidden way.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If open carry is legally allowed in DC I shouldn't think the police will be able to do a thing about it.

PS- But there's always a risk to OC-ers because a citizen might shoot an OC-er dead and then tell the jury- "He was heading towards a school and children's playground and i didn't want to take the risk that he might start shooting them, so I shot him. After all, why would anybody be walking down the street with a gun in the first place?", and the jury probably wouldn't convict him.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
While I am a strong supporter of 2nd Ammend rights and am a gun owner, I can only see this as ending badly and giving the left and anti-gun crowd exactly what they want.
Yes it's a question of "image".
As a Brit it's absolutely none of my bizness but the US pro-gun organisations seem to have an image of being a bit too hard-headed and stubborn for their own good sometimes.
So maybe it'd be a good move for them to improve their image by saying to the Authorities- "We're decent level-headed peaceable people so let's work TOGETHER to keep guns out of the wrong hands"

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Yeah, I have to join the ones who think this is a bad idea. One mishap,or perhaps something started by a 3rd party and it could backfire and shine a bad light on people trying to defend the 2nd admin.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I hope people are smarter then to try this crap.
Some will, I agree with the rhetoric entirely though. Now, say 90,000 people show up armed with loaded rifles, they would be shaking in their shoes and vomiting for fear in that white shit box. If the tagline of this whole thing included "and the police will stand down or be fired upon, and if this thing actually had some tactical leadership and massive support it would be a nightmare lose-lose for the government. Actually it's already a lose-lose situation for the government right now. This guy says thousands will show up armed, so they send some quivering woman DC cop out in front of the cameras to halfheartedly vow arrests she knows damn good and well she doesn't have the muscle to do. First of all, DC's laws are unconstitutional. Shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed. This applies to tanks, flamethrowers, machine guns, drones, tactical nuclear weapons- the whole nine yards. Liberals will argue that it's not an unlimited right. Show me one clause to the law of the land which states that. None do, thus the fact that anything referred to as 'arms' are broadly included.

But alas, unless they turn up in overwhelming numbers with an aggressive message meant to inspire fear in politicians, this won't amount to anything but a little water test. I am seeing this going ahead but the numbers may be low enough for DC police to handle, and as they handle EVERY situation they will be rude, brutal, overstep their authority unabashedly and hit women in the face with sticks for no reason like occupy wallstreet. I am counting on the crap they call DC cops giving their cause validity, they always do. If occupy had no moral standing before the protests started, they did as soon as officer Idiot McJackboots stepped onto the scene and hit some hot chick in the face with a baton for cheering. The good Irish town cop of yesteryear is just about extinct these days. What we are left with are borderline sociopaths and psychopaths who managed to hide the fact from an easily defeated vetting process. To these cops it's an us against them attitude, you're on the inside and you know it or you're not a cop. I know several dozen cops by name around here, the only decent good man I know is my friend Mixflip on youtube and he's one guy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully this does not end ugly. I can imagine what precautions the government will take to contain any possible fight and also what would happen if someone were to die. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
IMO, the only thing scary is that Americans have allowed this country and the government to get so screwed up to begin with. At some point a line must be drawn and it will be harder to draw that line the longer American citizens wait. Could this march get out of control, yes! Is the federal government already out of control, yes. As I see it we either get our rights back or we secede and let the rest of the liberal morons do as they see fit with they're socialized government and let free Americans live as they please. I for one don't want compromise, I'll take my freedom, faith, values and guns and they can pound sand. I think they will end up needing us more than we will need them!

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
IMO, the only thing scary is that Americans have allowed this country and the government to get so screwed up to begin with. At some point a line must be drawn and it will be harder to draw that line the longer American citizens wait. Could this march get out of control, yes! Is the federal government already out of control, yes. As I see it we either get our rights back or we secede and let the rest of the liberal morons do as they see fit with they're socialized government and let free Americans live as they please. I for one don't want compromise, I'll take my freedom, faith, values and guns and they can pound sand. I think they will end up needing us more than we will need them!
And you would fall into the like 80% who agree with you. No, I and my many friends will not bend either. The administration can choose to see this or lose to it. See, the Obama supporters were just propaganda empowered tools but they will not raise their ugly heads a second time knowing in their hearts that it got them nothing. He's not slick willie. In fact he knows most black people and Hispanics view him as a liar now. He's shot his load and it was only a lackluster one at best. His false flags are laughably visible, his failures are glaring. Even democrat filth is abandoning ship in light of the realization that the real opinion is fully against Barry. They want to keep their cushy jobs. The only answer is cling onto, or turn against Barry. The wind is blowing the wrong way for Barry.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You can bet you'ld be background checked out your hoo-haa and if you were not on the ATF Christmas Card list, you'ld surely be on it after you marched in that parade. I'm jus sayin'

punch

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
An armed march in the Capitol will only allow the left to paint all gun owners (wether there or not), as -"far right wing, NRA wackos.
In this political climate, with the gun control issues still rumbling around, it's the last thing we need to be doing.

Think folks, please.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
An armed march in the Capitol will only allow the left to paint all gun owners (wether there or not), as -"far right wing, NRA wackos.
In this political climate, with the gun control issues still rumbling around, it's the last thing we need to be doing.

Think folks, please.
I agree 100%, bury your head in the sand and hope everything works out ok, it's worked so well already. We all know the government has our best interest at heart and would never overstep they'er authority. :roll: 20,000 plus gun laws haven't stop the Bg's but if one more gun control law is passed we can be safer. Restricting the law abiding citizens sure puts fear into those that willingly and knowingly break the laws.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
This can actually be one of several things.
1. People who attempt to break the law (DC is not an open carry place) to make some kind of point.
2. The march is infiltrated by persons who will intentionally set off violence.
3. The march is actually orchestrated by the Obama administration who will cause chaos.
If this march does take place, it will at best only lead to more gun control legislation, at worst it will lead to dire consequenses for gun owners.
There is no good outcome here. None whatsoever.
And anyone who relishes the thought of getting into a shooting conflict has obviously never been in one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.