Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Combat conditions are horrible, and most people ever involved in it arent exactly happy, or were really prepared. So, if SHTF, and you need to defend yourself in the woods, home, out where ever , will you honestly be ready.
Whats that 30000 rounds of 556 going to do for ya..
I think reality dictates you will be on the run with little time to carry a load of supplies.
So, what tactics can help you defend, hide, survive in suburbia, or even out in the wilderness when gangs of perps show up..

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Had some experience. All I have to do it stop the ones that come for me. I am not running.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Combat conditions are horrible, and most people ever involved in it arent exactly happy, or were really prepared. So, if SHTF, and you need to defend yourself in the woods, home, out where ever , will you honestly be ready.
I think reality dictates you will be on the run with little time to carry a load of supplies.
So, what tactics can help you defend, hide, survive in suburbia, or even out in the wilderness when gangs of perps show up..
I ain't been building these Pikes for nothing! HAHAHAHAHA:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
rural (very), 556 is for varmints here, I may not be well versed in defending my Alamo.. but then again, the gang of thieves won't be well versed in attacking it.. if we must flee, there will be caches at hidden rally points.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
The trick is to not become a target in the first place. Don't let anyone know what you have. Just STFU. Don't brag, don't boast, and certainly don't advertise. Especially before SHTF.

If no one knows you're stocked up with food, water, medical supplies etc, you're far less likely to be a target. Don't go running around with fatigues, an 80-lb pack and 6 firearms screaming, "Hey! Look at me! I was prepared and you weren't!". That'll earn you a headshot in pretty quick order.

Just keep quite, keep your cool and lay low.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Matthew 6:33-34

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be ministered unto you.

34 Care not then for the morrow, for the morrow shall care for itself: the day hath enough with his own grief.

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
My BOL is 123 miles away. We have 12 locations of ammo, water, first aid and dehydrated foods along with TVP every 10 miles. It is all vacuumed packed in 10" PVC tubes with caps. My wife was with me when I buried these, so if anything happens to me she can bug out. So with our folding bikes and MOLLE packs we can be there hopefully in 3 days.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I will say again what I said on another forum:
I may not be as good as I was when I was young and even more handsome, but I think I'm good enough to discourage the hell out of them.
And to paraphrase Teddy Roosevelt, I can't shoot well, but I can shoot often.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
I am not fleeing unless I have no other realistic option. I have what I need here. I will do what is necessary. I pray it does not become apocolyptic.

Reactions: Prepared One

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
There was a thread sometime ago about defending yourself against a younger person. It was eye opening when I had to wrestle a 20 something Officer on the mats and my back popped. I had shooting pains down my leg, stabbing pains in my feet and my legs buckled when I went out to my car. I almost busted my tail on the parking lot. It was very scary, but I recovered..............mostly.

Reactions: Maol9

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm not too concerned about gangs , perps or marauders. It's the feds and some military personnel that worries me.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts