Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post a video by YouTube's Yankee Prepper to see what your thoughts were on his definition of a prepper.

I disagree with a couple of items on his first top 10 list.

- I do not think you have to believe in God to BE a prepper; however, I do think that faith can impact how well you'll survive in a SHTF scenario.
- Health is another one I disagree with. You don't have to be completely healthy to BE a prepper, but your health will definitely impact your survival in a SHTF scenario. Actually, I wish more unhealthy people would jump on the prepping bandwagon and start stashing away extra meds and supplies. Those folks will be the first ones to die in a SHTF scenario because of how vulnurable they are.
- I think he was a little off the mark with saying that real preppers don't hide. I completely agree with the idea that the government doesn't care about most of us little people; however, preppers should still keep a low profile because of how other humans behave in a SHTF scenario. People will shoot you over a sandwich, so it's probably not wise to advertise that you have a whole stash of them in that kind of scenario.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
just wanted to post a video by youtube's yankee prepper to see what your thoughts were on his definition of a prepper.

i disagree with a couple of items on his first top 10 list.

- i do not think you have to believe in god to be a prepper; however, i do think that faith can impact how well you'll survive in a shtf scenario.
- health is another one i disagree with. You don't have to be completely healthy to be a prepper, but your health will definitely impact your survival in a shtf scenario. Actually, i wish more unhealthy people would jump on the prepping bandwagon and start stashing away extra meds and supplies. Those folks will be the first ones to die in a shtf scenario because of how vulnurable they are.
- i think he was a little off the mark with saying that real preppers don't hide. I completely agree with the idea that the government doesn't care about most of us little people; however, preppers should still keep a low profile because of how other humans behave in a shtf scenario. People will shoot you over a sandwich, so it's probably not wise to advertise that you have a whole stash of them in that kind of scenario.
i agree with you.
He should have said maintain your health.
Belief in god is good for those who do, He can be an inspiration to keep going, and hopefully keep their moral compass straight..
Very few people know what i have and only two of my closest neighbors.
I am not here to be a general store for those who do nothing for themselves.
Only my family and some close friends of like mind will be here if it is needed to be, screw everybody else.
He did come off as condescending and sarcastic.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Just a warning about Yankeeprepper is that he's

A: Completely out of his little f**** mind

B: a pretender. A fake. watch this.

Bill Elpaw is the owner of a small business that makes see through cake packaging. He was never in any branch of the forces nor was he 'trained' on any of this stuff. He, like many big ones on youtube, realized early on that they were in a position to benefit from this little prepper thing and got cracking hard and heavy. The best old Bill, AKA yankeeprepper could tell you is what he imagined up in his twisted little head. For example he married into a wealthy family so he's got that covered. He can buy expensive .308 chambered ar-15's, buy all the reloading equipment and oil generators he wants and have it all installed by professionals other than himself. He's really not the best dude to listen to on the subject.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well he certainly likes to hear himself talk. Everyone has value, even if only to serve as an example of what not to do (or say)
Just remember... Its nice to be nice.

jmho,

punch

·
Registered
640 Posts
[Humming...] Be a prepper.... drink Dr. Prepper....

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ummm... Paravani... the first 30 seconds were the intro... and he hadn't started speaking yet. :) But... maybe that was your point.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I would actually describe him as being more narcissistic than anything. When someone is hell bent on claiming a whole movement as his own and acting like he's blessing us of all by sharing his knowledge with the world because he's so great....that's a surefire sign that you need to run. LOL.

I think this video is a good example of why preppers need to keep their critical thinking hats on when they encounter new information and 'experts' like these. Anyone who has studied ancient Philosophy, knows the old quote from Plato, 'I know nothing, this I know.' There are no experts, just people who think they are. I find the more humble people in the world have the most to teach us.

Anyone interested in a good YouTube prepper, hit up southernprepper1 - love his videos!

·
Registered
570 Posts
The guy definitely seems high on himself. He has some good info, but it really gets lost in the BS. I really couldn't watch more than half the video because of the overly opinionated and condescending tone.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That word "Prepper" has various connotations and meanings. For me it was the basis of doing what I do on a daily basis and I call that homesteading or just plain old "Living". I eat, sleep and work from my Homestead. For the most part I raise ALL of the livestock (Rahmani sheep & Shami goats, Muscovy & Mallard ducks, Fayoumi chickens and NZW Rabbits) that my family consumes and of course a very nice family sustainable Heirloom garden on 5 acres of land. I have several BOL in the USA as well as one in Egypt. I was fortunate enough to exist the Marine Corps and get involved in a passion that I love. My Prepping philosophy is: "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!" It (my philosophy) as served me and my family well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts