Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some people talking about doomsday prepper show at the grocery store and one of them said there's a bill that was signed that said preppers are terrorist. is that true?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
According to a shocking document obtained by Oath Keepers, the FBI is now instructing store owners to report many new forms of “suspicious activity” to them. According to the document, “suspicious activity” now includes….

-paying with cash

-missing a hand or fingers

-”strange odors”

-making “extreme religious statements”

-”radical theology”

-purchasing weatherproofed ammunition or match containers

-purchasing meals ready to eat

-purchasing night vision devices, night flashlights or gas masks

·
Registered
938 Posts
What does missing hand or finger have to do with terrorism?
Missing fingers or hands can be a physical characteristic of people who handle explosives or build bombs.

No one is a terrorist unless and until they commit an act of terror.

People who gather ammo, guns and other supplies are sometimes viewed by law enforcement as suspicious.

Someone canning garden vegetables and fruits would not draw any such attention.

If preparing for emergencies or to survive during periods of shortages would make people a terrorist, then the Boy Scouts of America, whose motto is "Be prepared" would be considered terrorists.

You are not a criminal unless or until you commit a crime. Prepping is perfectly legal in America.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So, I have a missing finger, go into a store and purchase ammo and some camping supplies and the FBI is notified? What if I work on the bomb squad at the local police department or am a demo expert in the military? This sounds like a lot of over-hyped propaganda and worry.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Lets look at this from the other side if we could with rational beliefs. You are challenged with keeping our nation safe from terrorist attack.
How many times have we seen "survivalist" and "preppers" say the course of freedom must be replinished with blood from time to time?
Or how might a foreign national (terrorist) try to engage against America - by living on the grid with open Internet channels to his "followers"
at home, or off the grid, paying with cash, purchasing gear that might help him/them in their endeavors?

I've bought and sold at least 10 guns in the last few years, bought and sold enough gardening seed for 50 families, bought building
supplies for a home, power supply, water system, and both ammunition and supplies to help with that defense. I could care less if the
govt knows because I'm not threatening them. In fact I'd like it if our government would succeed next time someone wants to fly a
plane into a building - I would prefer they stop them. I would prefer they keep our economy straight so we don't suffer the loss of
a collapsed dollar. And if I can help them - our government - in thos endeavors I'd gladly do so.

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
Lets look at this from the other side if we could with rational beliefs. You are challenged with keeping our nation safe from terrorist attack.
How many times have we seen "survivalist" and "preppers" say the course of freedom must be replinished with blood from time to time?
And if I can help them - our government - in thos endeavors I'd gladly do so.
"The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." THOMAS JEFFERSON.

I can see where the Founding Fathers would be considered "terrorists" by the current administration and the current evolution of the Democratic party.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." THOMAS JEFFERSON

·
Registered
938 Posts
So, I have a missing finger, go into a store and purchase ammo and some camping supplies and the FBI is notified? What if I work on the bomb squad at the local police department or am a demo expert in the military? This sounds like a lot of over-hyped propaganda and worry.
These are just indications of potential suspicious activity. Law enforcement issues guidance documents to gun shops, pharmacies, banks, and other merchants that instruct them on things to look for if someone is acting suspicious, or if the retailer sees multiple purchases or unusual quantities being bought. Think about it.

Someone buys 50 sacks of sugar - moonshiner? 10 bottles of decongestants - meth kitchen operator? A lot of certain kinds of fertilizer and a lot of diesel - farmer or bomber? Someone buys a pallet of ammo and multiple weapons all at once?

Of course, some people have legitimate reasons to buy all these things in such amounts. But some do not....

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Or how might a foreign national (terrorist) try to engage against America - by living on the grid with open Internet channels to his "followers"
at home, or off the grid, paying with cash, purchasing gear that might help him/them in their endeavors?

I've bought and sold at least 10 guns in the last few years, bought and sold enough gardening seed for 50 families, bought building
supplies for a home, power supply, water system, and both ammunition and supplies to help with that defense. I could care less if the
govt knows because I'm not threatening them. In fact I'd like it if our government would succeed next time someone wants to fly a
plane into a building - I would prefer they stop them. I would prefer they keep our economy straight so we don't suffer the loss of
a collapsed dollar. And if I can help them - our government - in thos endeavors I'd gladly do so.
I would agree if the government did only what they are allowed by the Constitution, which they don't. The government is just as guilty of prepping as any one, but they do it with others money and don't ask for permission and at the same time consider the free legal citizens that do the same an enemy/terrorist. Every person in government is guilty of the same thing, "what they allow, they encourage", when they say nothing, help with the process or work to infringe on free legal citizens doing nothing illegal. There is not a bigger hoarder/prepper, then the U.S. Government, period! The government doesn't do what they do to help the citizens, but to save themselves from the citizens. NO,I don't want to help government the.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I try to not act like a prepper lol i do but buy my preps not all at once.i make like 3 trips when i.do that on diff days after work.right now I'm stocking up on candles i figure with lent and easter everybody buy candles for whatever is they do.so hopefully i don't have to worry about being a suspect of terrorism.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The difficulty in owning a firearm, whether capable of firing real ammunition or appearing to be a capable firearm is extremely tough in the UK. It's not considered suspicious to own a handgun in the US and preppers are freely able to access weapons and ammunition. I think hoarding items and weapons can definitely be seen as suspicious, though anybody who told me they were doing so I could completely understand why they would. A government however doesn't care for reasons, they want to protect their interests by ensuring that your own interests aren't cause for alarm.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Under this Administration we are all terrorist if we are not in step with them. They are the ones that labeled all American veterans the number 1 threat to America.
Funny few spoke up then.
Each time they do this to many set back and say well it is not me. Well now it is your turn and it maybe to late .
We won't take your guns really it goes on and on.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
What does missing hand or finger have to do with terrorism?
gotta learn somehow...

Its nice to think they think you are terrorists, when in fact you are potential terrorist threats. There is a little bit of a difference.

Obviously they arn't treating you like terrorists, they are treating you like potential terrorist threats.

Some people might wonder what is the difference between an an American born to terrorist parents and an american born to non terrorist parents, or someone born to foreign terrorists, or foreign people. Not very much if they don't like you, fact is they still have guns and bombs and the ability to see in the dark.

People riding bicycles in the Middle east are potential terrorist threats, you have way more liberties stateside.

If they are riding toward you and don't stop when you get that gut feeling they are terrorists.

It probably works the same way stateside, you buy guns and bomb making materials you are a potential, you leave your home with bombs and guns and go to near any point of interest you are treated as a terrorist if they get that gut feeling.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It is the rhetoric of the new Left. Look back at the election cycle and the venom and vitrol that the left used in their campaign ads. If you disagree with them you are labeled. If you disagree with them with facts they will not debate the issue with you, but will instead insult you, associate you with undesireable behavior and/or groups.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Would you agree that provide for the commond defense is a constitutional element? If so then why shouldn't the Federal Government be the biggest prepper of all?

I would agree if the government did only what they are allowed by the Constitution, which they don't. The government is just as guilty of prepping as any one, but they do it with others money and don't ask for permission and at the same time consider the free legal citizens that do the same an enemy/terrorist. Every person in government is guilty of the same thing, "what they allow, they encourage", when they say nothing, help with the process or work to infringe on free legal citizens doing nothing illegal. There is not a bigger hoarder/prepper, then the U.S. Government, period! The government doesn't do what they do to help the citizens, but to save themselves from the citizens. NO,I don't want to help government the.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts