Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard many times that we are a Nation of laws, but are we? How about Presidential Executive Orders? The original concept of the Executive Orders was that they were directives to the Executive branch of the Government, such as DOJ, Dept of AG, Dept of Def etc. Various Presidents have stepped over the line, for example FDR ordering by Executive Order that all citizens turn in their gold bullion, with those refusing facing jail time. In that case the court system decided that he didn't have the authority under Presidential Executive Order to do that, although a Democrat controlled Congress later passed it as law.

What concerns me is what has been happening recently. Under Executive Order many illegal aliens are no longer detained and deported from the Country by ICE, even though under the present laws they are supposed to. Another area is Obamacare. It is a law, yet Mr. Obama has on 15-20 occasions has either changed it or granted exemptions to various groups of people, something that under that law, is not authorized.

Finally we different Departments that make rules that if people violate those laws not only can be fined but sent to jail. In particular the EPA can do this. These aren't laws, they weren't voted on or enacted by Congress, our elected officials, you you can do prison time if you violate these rules.

I sometimes feel like the old story in a frying pan. First things are just a little warm and the next thing you know you are neck deep in boiling water.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
As long as he makes decisions that enhance the re-election prospects of the Senate and HOR, . . . they will not interfere.

As long as he does not make waves against the supreme court, . . . they will not interfere.

As long as he proposes (successfully) programs like Obamaphones, . . . free medical care (the greatest increase in % of Obamacare is the number being switched to Medicare or Medicaid, . . . from a paying program), . . . increases in unemployment dole out, . . . increases in welfare, . . . free gasoline (already one in Detroit, . . . your welfare card gets you free gas), . . . : there will be no groundswell from the unwashed masses, . . . who unfortunately put that narcissistic idiot in office to begin with.

Now other than the remaining half dozen of us who are footing all these bills, . . . who is going to challenge his "laws"?

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have heard many times that we are a Nation of laws, but are we? How about Presidential Executive Orders? The original concept of the Executive Orders was that they were directives to the Executive branch of the Government, such as DOJ, Dept of AG, Dept of Def etc. Various Presidents have stepped over the line, for example FDR ordering by Executive Order that all citizens turn in their gold bullion, with those refusing facing jail time. In that case the court system decided that he didn't have the authority under Presidential Executive Order to do that, although a Democrat controlled Congress later passed it as law.

What concerns me is what has been happening recently. Under Executive Order many illegal aliens are no longer detained and deported from the Country by ICE, even though under the present laws they are supposed to. Another area is Obamacare. It is a law, yet Mr. Obama has on 15-20 occasions has either changed it or granted exemptions to various groups of people, something that under that law, is not authorized.

Finally we different Departments that make rules that if people violate those laws not only can be fined but sent to jail. In particular the EPA can do this. These aren't laws, they weren't voted on or enacted by Congress, our elected officials, you you can do prison time if you violate these rules.

I sometimes feel like the old story in a frying pan. First things are just a little warm and the next thing you know you are neck deep in boiling water.
We are a nation of laws and those laws will be applied unless you're an elected official or appointed official in DC. Then you're above the laws, which are only meant for the "little people" The Washington elite are above such nonsense as obeying the law. Haven't we all figured this out by now?

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
We are no longer a nation of laws when the DOJ, which is charged with upholding ALL federal laws, decides on a whim from Eric Holder which laws it will or will not enforce.
We are no longer a nation of laws when the DOJ not only picks and chooses which laws it will enforce, but actually BREAKS laws when it suits them (providing firearms to Mexican drug cartels, for exampe).
We are no longer a nation of laws when the President arbitrarily changes laws (legally passed and signed laws) to suit his own political purposes (Obamacare).
We are no longer a nation of laws when various alphabet agencies routinely disregard the Bill Of Rights.

One could go on for pages of examples. In my own opinion Obama is as close to being a tyrannical dictator as this country has ever seen.
Our Forefathers would have been in open rebellion by now.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Are we a nation of laws? Yes. Absolutely.
Have we made, created, passed laws that make no sense or have no real way of functioning as they were originally dreamed up? Yes. Absolutely.
Do we now subjectively decide which laws to enforce and when on the basis of convenience to the elected official rather than the fairness of the law? Yes. Absolutely.
Will this eventually lead to confusion and then to apathy for the legal system? Yes. Absolutely.
And what follows confusion and apathy? Revolt - peaceful or otherwise. Yes. Absolutely.

If there is one thing I've learned in life be it in Math, Geology, Science, Mother Nature, or Faith it is this - Everything eventually balances out, Yin and Yang, Up and Down, Cold and Hot, Pressure and Release.

If I was the POTUS, I'd be steady handing the power back to the people and states as fast as possible. Balancing the power threshold well before anything can come of it.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
laws, you're dreaming right?? with enough money you can get away with murder....

the saying is, money talks, bull shit walks, ever wonder why only the privileged get into power... not like they don't already own multi million doller houses, sometimes. working man may get into the lower house (don't know what you yanks call it) it's a token role with no real power

Reactions: ekim and Meangreen

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have heard it said that anarchy is not just a state of having no laws. It can also be a state of having too many laws, selectively enforced.
Technically speaking, Anarchy isn't a form of government. It is a method of change between two forms of government (like Democracy to Oligarchy) but sometimes the method of Anarchy lasts for several generations so it feels like a form of government.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
laws, you're dreaming right?? with enough money you can get away with murder....

the saying is, money talks, bull shit walks, ever wonder why only the privileged get into power... not like they don't already own.multi million roller houses, sometimes. working man may get into the lower house (don't know what you yanks call it) it's a token role with no real power
This is more true than you think. A 16 year old boy was driving drunk. Well past the legal limit. He killed a couple of people. He was given probation. Why? Get ready for it............ here it comes.............. he is a victim of affluenza. Yup, we now have a new defense. His parents had so much money, they ignored him and just gave him everything he wanted.

The judge felt sorry for him, gave him probation and told him he had to go into rehab.

The saddest part is this happened in Texas.

Affluenza Defense: Rich Texas Teen Gets Probation For Killing 4 Pedestrians While Driving Drunk (VIDEO)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
This is more true than you think. A 16 year old boy was driving drunk. Well past the legal limit. He killed a couple of people. He was given probation. Why? Get ready for it............ here it comes.............. he is a victim of affluenza. Yup, we now have a new defense. His parents had so much money, they ignored him and just gave him everything he wanted.

The judge felt sorry for him, gave him probation and told him he had to go into rehab.

The saddest part is this happened in Texas.

Affluenza Defense: Rich Texas Teen Gets Probation For Killing 4 Pedestrians While Driving Drunk (VIDEO)
it's funny that it's not the only example.....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That was the 1st I had ever heard of it.
happens here more often, and punishment is ... don't laugh, a $300 fine... (it's the starting rate) highest I have seen for upper class in my feeds is $1200.... joke right...

what's worse, if you own a harly... instant 15 years jail..... (in my lovely police state of Queensland) we are fighting it tho....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
anarchy is simple a state where there is no power or authority over.
Obama is not a president he has appointed him self KING.
Kings make up the laws as they go. He is good at being a king

Reactions: ekim

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Nation of laws? This is a discussion that is decades late to the party.

We were a nation of laws, once. That meant our laws were firmly anchored in a core set of truths (laws of nature and of nature's God, as the founders put it). Legislation passed that were in accordance with this were viewed as being constitutional, those contrary to this standard was ruled as being unconstitutional and struck down. Regardless of the fickle heart of public opinion or the treacherous ways of politicians, the balance of political power was supposed to keep all things in check and insure we were ruled by law; constitutional law.

How long has that not been the case? True law has been replaced by statutes that are used as tools to destroy a free and good society and not protect it. Codes and regulations restrict and tax your every move. Public opinion is warped by brainwashing propaganda tools and then used to elect ever-worsening political puppets while rejecting the lone voices in the wilderness, chanting all the while, "I like him, but he is a bit nuts and has no chance to win. Therefore, I will vote for the lesser of two evils."

No, we are no longer a nation of laws. We are a nation of whims, anchored to nothing and drifting toward the rocks.

Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Our " rule of law" has eroded for decades if not longer. What we now have is a failure of the three branches to keep each other in check and the rise of the 4th branch. Obama has just moved the ball forward a bit farther.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Our " rule of law" has eroded for decades if not longer. What we now have is a failure of the three branches to keep each other in check and the rise of the 4th branch. Obama has just moved the ball forward a bit farther.
Yup. This is what happens when you destroy a constitutional republic and replace it with a democracy. We know where a democracy leads us. According to the founders, the trip is relatively fast, too.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.