Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to track down a complete upper receiver with 16" M-4 flat top chambered in 5.56 NATO chamber with a 1x7" twist and "F" marked front sight base with bayonet lug. If anyone can help me out in locating some up to date web sites that would be awesome. Thanks:grin:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
They can still be a little in short supply, but not nearly as bad as six months ago. I've not heard much quality wise about Palmetto but they are affordable and seem to be routinely in stock. I don't like that they won't include the bolt but they can be found separately. That combo is less than $700 for what you want. High end ones are out there on the $900-1200 range.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Now's a good time to go to Gunbroker.com and type in AR-15 Uppers. Start surfing. There are usually numerous "retail sellers" in there, find a few that look reputable (look at feedback #'s) and maybe give them a call. COuldn't hurt.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Nice thing about upper receivers is you can mail order them - well at least us in anti gun California can still mail order them. They are not registered or considered a firearm in anyway.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've done a lot of business with Rainier and still will because their that good. They've got a Bravo Company upper in stock which have an excellent rep for quality and fits your criteria, but you'll need to buy a BCG you like, charging handle and handguards. Lots of people like that, because than they can pick what they like best.

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Bravo Company MFG - BCM | BCM Upper Receiver BFH 16" LW

They've got BCG's in stock,

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Bolt Carrier Assemblies

and charging handles,

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Charging Handles

and handguards,

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Hand Guards

and handguard rails,

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=ar15forearmsystems

Or you could simply forget direct impingement as there's nothing that great about it anyways as far as rifle operating systems go and buy a piston AR upper from Adams. Cleaner, cooler and nicer to it's parts.

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Adams Arms | Adams Arms 5.56 Carbine Basic Piston Upper - 16

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Keep in mind if you find an upper that meats all your requirements except the F front site post gas block you can buy the gas block and change it . Real simple to do.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I looked a little Fulton armory and RRA offer a 1:8. I'll check further although the other guys here will probably be more help

·
Registered
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Some things still change fast. I found it on our gun forum this morning, and there were 21 posts saying they got one by then. I was 22 and tacked on 200 rounds of cheap 308. If it comes as advertised ill be adding it to an extra lower I'm sitting on and hoping for a nice trade.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Local shops here have good to high end Ar15 uppers complete in stock now. Most are reasonably except a few of the bragging rights ones.
As I said before the OP wanted the standard Colt M4 front sight post/gas block aka the F stamp.
That gas block can be purchased and installed on any DI upper and is a very simple task.
Nothing wrong with a plain Jaine 6920 or one of the quality after markets simple effective flexible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts