Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for everyone who has built their own AR or replaced parts. I just purchased the daily deal from PSA which is an LPK and a couple mags for $59.99. My question is, can I drop an LPK from PSA into a RRA AR15 without problems? Reason I ask is because I bought some Knight Armament guard rails for my RRA carbine and they don't fit. I wanted to have some extra parts for the lower in case they needed to ever be replaced. Or, if I decide to buy a stripped lower and put one together myself. Just curious if anyone knows if the LPK's are all interchangeable regardless of the AR manufacturer. I'm also looking at buying another AR from Armalite. I'm assuming they are all the same but would like clarification since I've never actually replaced parts on an AR before. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yes, as long as those part are up to spec and are put into a receiver that is also. As long as they are, than there meant to be put together and the tons of parts out there that are, is why the AR-15 is considered the male Barbie.

AR15Barbie.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Yes, as long as those part are up to spec and are put into a receiver that is also. As long as they are, than there meant to be put together and the tons of parts out there that are, is why the AR-15 is considered the male Barbie.

View attachment 2316
What he said.... and do your home work put it together right.
Common mistakes, springs in wrong ,not using good punches, And trying to tighten or remove barrel nut with out a block.
Not using a block when doing barrel work often ends up with a trashed receiver.
Mixed breed. Only reason for it's birth the parts were laying around
Voodo barrel
Huldra gas piston system(Adams Arms)
Panther arms lower
CMMG lower kit
Magpul stock
Generic buffer tube

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Nice piston AR Smitty. I looks like it could use some BUIS, but it's a nice still. :)

Folding
Quickly from parts that just ended up laying around, shoots great with the 62 gr green tip I like to use.
It may get some more attention latter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts