Super Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Get well soon Squatch.

I picked up a hell of a bug last week too. Fortunately, it seems to be short lived, but last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I wanted to die.

Reactions: Sasquatch

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
Seems to be going around. The crude ran through my house a week ago. Not fun. Get well Squatch.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Feel better soon, Sasquatch!
"3 shots of Vodka/cup of boiled raspberries/3 cloves of raw garlic" blend always works for me :) Siberian get-well-overnight remedy.
Garlic? Are you trying to kill the poor Sasquatch! Don't you know those big guys are related to the Vampire genus (distant cousins, I think)?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
This flu is serious, we have lost a couple of patients to it. Get well soon

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Garlic? Are you trying to kill the poor Sasquatch! Don't you know those big guys are related to the Vampire genus (distant cousins, I think)?
I'm related to Vampyre? Well no wonder I suck.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.

·
Registered
24,231 Posts
For those of you who are like me and prefer not to take the flu shot, do what I do...

Up your intake of vitamin C and zinc, and drink echinacea tea. Energize your immune system to avoid getting sick.

Oh, and stay away from people.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
The bride and I are currently deepy emroiled in Type A flu epidemic. Started two weeks ago and getting worse. The Ruskie cough meds sounds good. I been tying to survive on red wine...but now am out so trip to the store. Much closer than to the liquor store. Think we have some kind berries inthe ice box and know we have garlic. If the wine works as good as the vodka or close..I will report back

·
Super Moderator
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those of you who are like me and prefer not to take the flu shot, do what I do...

Up your intake of vitamin C and zinc, and drink echinacea tea. Energize your immune system to avoid getting sick.

Oh, and stay away from people.
I have never taken a flu shot and I never will. This is the first time I've been really sick in probably 15 years. I concur about staying away from people. No good ever comes from being around them.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
The lady doctor my wife uses said due to epidemic nature of the flu we contracted...a vaccine would not have helped. Also figured out the wife contracted the stuff from visiting the doctors office a couple of weeks ago..then she brought it home and gave it to me. The Siberian remedy is working good. Made it like this.

1/2 cup red wine
2 cloves fresh garlic (pulverized)
2 teaspoons Kroger brand Just Fruit blackberry flavor.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
The Siberian remedy is working good. Made it like this.

1/2 cup red wine
2 cloves fresh garlic (pulverized)
2 teaspoons Kroger brand Just Fruit blackberry flavor.
Try the exact recipe I wrote above.. Real potato-based vodka, lots of fresh garlic and the reason I mentioned real raspberries is because they make you sweat when you have a virus.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts