Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has there been any discussion on get further back in the country or up a mountain than say the average BOV will get one or one's family.

I had my 06 Can-am 650XT and upgraded this year to a 2012 650XT Max, added both a front and rear box for storage. The the DPS, longer wheel base and seat for the GF I have taken this thing places I would not has gone on my old machine.

I have a single place drive on/back off trailer to haul it behind the Hummer or B Class mini MH.

Karsten

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have an ATV that got me started on the off-road vehicle scene. It's a camo'd Honda Rincon, and I really like riding it. I have a rear hard storage case (lockable storage on two sides) that also has a rear seat that my wife can sit on, or my dog can ride on. It is supposed to be used only for when you are parked and resting, nod nod wink wink. It has two tool holders/gun racks with rubber snubbers on the front rack, so I can haul long-handled tools or long guns up front. It is an automatic with fuel injection, 670cc water-cooled single. Really fun machine. Can hit 55 mph on the straights, box stock.

As my dog got older, he struggled to jump up into the saddle, so I bought a Kawasaki TERYX RUV, or side-by-side. Much easier on the dog to get on board, and the wife can ride in comfort. It can haul 500 pounds of gear in its titling rear load bed, and can tow up to 1200 pounds. That thing is unstoppable -- if it can get traction, it will climb anything. I have gone up 75-degree inclines on it, with ease. Loves the snow. Blasts through mud, and will run at 50 mph all day long. 750cc V-Twin water-cooled Brute Force motor is very torquey. It can tow the Rincon sitting on a landscape trailer, so you can use one ORV to pull another ORV, and vice versa. Handy in emergencies.

These things are a blast to own, can carry a lot of gear, and are very capable in the woods and off-road.

I also bought an ATV tilting dump trailer that is very heavy duty, which can haul another 500 pounds of gear. So, if I need to get away from civilization, I can haul food, water, fuel and gear with ease, and can leave any area quickly. Both are camo. These can be hidden very quickly.

And you don't have to field dress and quarter game to get it back to camp. Unless you want to.

Best equipment for escaping civilization I have found, except for a seaplane or helicopter!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Rode motorcycles most of my life. Never had an ATV. Last year I decided to get one. Did the home work . It had to be US made, Us owned company and bought as near by as possible . End up with a Polaris Sportsman 500 more than met my needs. Have not put many hours on it yet, but I should have done this years ago. I am not sure how it will fit in if SHTF gas may be to hard to come by ,it sure can help with the tree planting next year.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ooohhh... I want to ride with Survival. :)

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I really can't drive that well. Here's what happened to me.

View attachment 823
I had to be fun for awhile. I did not do so well on the Harley in August either. trust me on this just as propane tanks and ATV's do not mix , don't go deer hunting with your motorcycle

Reactions: survival
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.