Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yup. And I believe the President just admitted we were on the verge of another Great Depression. Can't believe he admitted that. For me that confirms that we still ARE on the verge of another Great Depression. So glad to have joined the prepping movement.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think most Libertarians see through it all. I know I can't be won over by the Republicans, especially after what they did to Ron Paul's Maine delegates at the convention. I will NEVER vote for a Republican candidate again. NEVER.

Of course, I can't in good conscience vote for Obama either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont like romney either. i am just more afraid that if i dont vote for him, then obama will pull a castro and i may not have a chance to vote again. that is all that i am voting for in this election. i do not believe that either of them know what they are doing. but voting for romney because i want that chance to do it again for someone better.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i didn't see the debate , I don't think it was aired here in Britain, and most of it would have gone over my head anyway as America's internal affairs are mostly a mystery to me.
But I'd have been interested to see if the important subjects of Iran/Afghanistan/Israel and middle east policy came up, or whether they skated over them

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yup. And I believe the President just admitted we were on the verge of another Great Depression. Can't believe he admitted that. For me that confirms that we still ARE on the verge of another Great Depression. So glad to have joined the prepping movement.
Certainly the US national debt has gone from 10 trillion when Obama took over, to a current 16 trill, so maybe his talk of a Great Depression is his way of trying to fool people into thinking that there's nothing he or anybody alse can do to stop it because it's "inevitable".
That's defeatist talk, so if Romney can put forward a solution to stop it, that'll win him votes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i didn't see the debate , I don't think it was aired here in Britain, and most of it would have gone over my head anyway as America's internal affairs are mostly a mystery to me.
But I'd have been interested to see if the important subjects of Iran/Afghanistan/Israel and middle east policy came up, or whether they skated over them
There's a series of debates over the next couple of weeks, I think the final one is on foreign policy. One of the UK channels is airing it but I'm not sure which one - nothing special, Channel 4 or something, we've just got a Freeview box. I'm going to be watching it all on Youtube instead when I've got the time though. Not really practical to watch it in real time from the UK as it's the middle of the night for us!

·
Registered
481 Posts
How interesting that a Republican candidate can stand up on stage and talk about how important education is one breath and then talk about cutting PBS funding in the next breath. For a lot of low-income kids (including myself), PBS educational programming is the only preschool education they get.

Maybe if we stopped funding Romney and Obama's crooked Wall Street friends and bankers, funding PBS wouldn't seem like such a burden after all.

People keep asking me who I thought 'won' the debate last night. My response - certainly not Liberty or the American people.

Organism Mammal Happy Font Photo caption

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
How interesting that a Republican candidate can stand up on stage and talk about how important education is one breath and then talk about cutting PBS funding in the next breath. For a lot of low-income kids (including myself), PBS educational programming is the only preschool education they get.

Maybe if we stopped funding Romney and Obama's crooked Wall Street friends and bankers, funding PBS wouldn't seem like such a burden after all.

People keep asking me who I thought 'won' the debate last night. My response - certainly not Liberty or the American people.

View attachment 264
PBS is so heavily funded by large donors and the FED that they don't need any general public donations they beg for on each show.

I say cut the FED input and they'd still be OK, just not millionaires anymore.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I just watched a 10-minute vid of the debate on AOL, they titled it "ROMNEY WINNER OF FIRST DEBATE"
As I expected, they were just bickering with each other, each of them saying they were right and the other guy was wrong.
It's a pity all the facts can't be fed into a computer so IT could tell us whose right and wrong..:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I almost split my gut watching Romney giving the O a tongue lashing last night. O had is face looking down at his shoes like a little kid getting his but chewed out by dad for being a very bad boy. Won't vote for Romney ? So you must be voting for O. That will put you in the goobernut chain system without a doubt. All O has done for the last four years is play golf and spend millions upon millions on his vacations. The only thing the great one has done is to create less jobs, create more depression, and seperate the parties to the point that they may never get back to work together again. IF you need someone to tell you when you need to go to the bathroom , then either move out of the country or vote for O Great one again.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Incidentally, why has no woman ever been a serious contender for the US Presidency?
Other countries have had women leaders in recent times such as Maggie Thatcher, Golda Meier, Mrs Bhutto, Australia, Germany and that Argentina woman, but never America!
And I don't think there's even been an American woman vice-president either!

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Funny. Our affairs are a mystery to most Americans, too.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
I don't watch any of the debates. Matter of fact, I don't listen to either one of them. I already know all I need to know about both.

I wish I were allowed to ask the questions. Here are some I would ask:

1- Have you read the founding documentation of this country and the history behind it?

2- Are you aware of the fact that the constitution specifies what the federal government is allowed to do, and that the federal government is not allowed to do a single thing outside that framework, and that doing anything else is unconstitutional?

3- Are you aware of the fact that your oath of office is more than just some silly little ritual?

I'd say those would be fair questions. I also think they should be the very first questions asked.

Every single thing they discuss is on the outside of the constitutional boundaries.

PBS? Is it constitutional that we pay for that? Nope. Sorry, gotta go. I grew up on Sesame Street, as did all my friends. Beside the point.

The wars we are in? Sorry, packing up and coming home. Don't blame the Taliban for the servicemen killed in Afghanistan, and don't blame Hussein for the ones killed in Iraq. Blame the politicians who put them there. You can blame those who control G.H.W. Bush, or you can go even further back and blame R. Nixon, if you like.
Whatever you do, don't blame the founding fathers. They set it up so that we wouldn't be getting involved in all this garbage.

The federal government was to be extremely limited, and all else was up to the states and the individuals. That is called Liberty. Most of us don't want liberty, we only want to negotiate the amount of tyranny.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Incidentally, why has no woman ever been a serious contender for the US Presidency?
Other counties have had women leaders in recent times such as Maggie Thatcher, Golda Meier, Mrs Bhutto, Australia, Germany and that Argentina woman, but never America!
And I don't think there's even been an American woman vice-president either!
What difference does that make? Yes, we all honor Maggie, but because of her leadership and displayed character, not because of her gender.
The idiot de jour is in office because so many people wanted to vote for race. I think that just about sums up all we need to know about that mentality.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Romney clearly kicked the Kenyan's butt. Romney also came across with clearly conservative views of America and it's government.
The wife and I always watch this kind of programing on C-Span so we do not have to put up with the nattering nabobs of "mainstream" media.

Reactions: nadja
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.