Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a jaleopeno plant in a topsy turvey. They are good for about 100 jaleopenos and thats about it. I buy these on sale (marked down from about $10 to about $2 in the winter).

[attachment=0:quz22vhc]Topsy Turvy pepper plant.JPG[/attachment:quz22vhc]

Attachments

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I used two of them last year and they do fairly damn good If I say so myself. Might be a good idea to keep a coke bottle fill of water with a pinhole poked in the bottom to drip-water it. Mine would get dried out, I recall that quite well. I want to try it with strawberries and maybe okra. It's funny though, for a while the plant can actually tell it's upside down and acts funny.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried them with tomatoes. They suck for that.

The plants start growing upwards,..the when they get too heavy the stalk breaks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
These would be handy for people in an apartment setting, but if you have a home, just start a garden :)
I think my sister used one of those topsy turvy things and had decent results with tomatoes then she just started a real garden because she had a house and space....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have about four of these out on my deck on the posts. I grew the tommytoes on it and it did fine, if you grow bigger ones, they do tend to break off. Like others have said, use plenty of water. They dry out very fast. I like the waterbottle idea with a pin hole in it. And yes, they do grow upwards, looks funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts