Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
My wife and I have lived totally off grid for a little over 16 years now. We started with one 85 watt small solar panel and 4 batteries, inverter and charge controller. Over the years we have added to everything and now have 16 panels, 18 batteries and also wind generator producing about 500 watts when the wind blows. Total cost ? Never kept track, but can tell you it was not cheap. Learned a lot of expensive lessons over the years by not haveing a forum like this to ask questions.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I am far from living off grid but my goal is to find a suitable property with natural energy and tap that to it's utmost potential. I am into solar, hydro and gravity. I luckily have a couple solar generators handy and now I have a BOV with inverters and power built in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You guys are really awesome! I just learned that my local gov. won't let me install solar panels on my roof. So I am going to figure out some way around the dumb rules unless I can find some rural property before hand then problem solved. With Obama going after Coal energy which will send energy through the roof I feel a need to rush things along.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Gee, you would think that with O Great one advocating green energy as the way to the future and sending our tax dollars to fund the solar panel and wind co's. that your local gooberment would not have such reservations about allowing you to put solar panels on your roof. I wonder what is wrong with this picture ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts