Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at crossbows on amazon and came across the barnett panzer. i read the reviews and liek with anything some say its the greatest thing every and some say its junk.the majority of the reviews were pretty good. just wondered if anyone here has any experience with the bow and could tell me their experience with it?

Thanks John

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been into archery for a long time. I have compound bows and recurve bows. I do quite a bit of hunting with these weapons. I do not own a crossbow. However, about a year ago I did purchase the Panzer 4 for my 16 year old son. I liked that it was an affordable crossbow and that it was a recurve. We have both shot it a lot and he has killed many small animals with it. It is actually very accurate and plenty powerful. The only real negative I would give it was that it came with an almost useless reddot sight. I put an old tasco reddot on it and the thing has proven deadly. I would imagine that if my son continues to shoot crossbows he might eventually desire a more powerful and refined setup.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Bought one for my GF last year... the included red dot sight is indeed junk, but a reasonable replacement can be had for under $50.
It's light weight, easy to assemble, reasonably powerful and accurate. We opted for a recurve for simplicity and easier maintenance. For the price that Amazon is asking, these are a good deal.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input ,guess i'll go ahead and order one. the scope you used did it mount to the mount that was on the bow or did you have to get a new mount also?also what was the name of the scope so i can see if amazon has one of them also. again thanks for your responses :)

john

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Panzer comes with a weaver style mounting rail for an optic. I put on a Tasco Red Dot scope that I believe is a 1X30 5MOA. The scope is old and you may not find the exact model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts