Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, one year in the US Army reserve and five years active duty Navy.

Reactions: preppermama

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm Navy vet. Saw most of the World including a 14 month tour in VietNam.

Thanks to all of you who replied and served. I'm appreciative.

Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
US Navy Machinery Repairman (MR)… Vietnam, 1971 - 1976.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you who also chose to serve our country and it is nice to see some of us have recieved some form of training perhaps to pass along to others
i was 2nd division 1st battalion 6th marines (0311) aka grunt :)

·
Administrator
14,870 Posts
US Army, 1967-1970.
All expense paid trip in 1969 to The Land Of Enchantment, aka Vietnam (I volunteered).

Preppermama, my outfit in Nam (1st Infantry Brigade, 5th Infantry Division) was on loan to the Marines. We came under Command and Control of the 3rd Marine Division and operated with them along the DMZ from Khe Sanh to the South China Sea. Even today I have more Marine vets as friends than any other branch.
Member:
VFW
American Legion
AMVETS
Vietnam Veterans of America
Society of the Fifth Infantry Division

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have never served but wanted to say THANK YOU to all you who have. I have nothing but respect and admiration for are men and women who protect the freedoms so many of us take for granted!!!

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Have never served but wanted to say THANK YOU to all you who have. I have nothing but respect and admiration for are men and women who protect the freedoms so many of us take for granted!!!
Ditto for me on that one. I'll never make it to the forces now but we got the greatest boys on the earth out there fighting for us.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Old Army NCO for WAY too many years here....Kept extending oversea's because I had nobody in the states....Did almost all my time oversea's..

Me at Work...Recovery Sgt in an Arty Outfit (Also an NBC NCO!) Sitting in the Track Commanders Hatch behind the Ma Deuce (50 Cal Machine gun)

SVCBtry3-5-2.jpg

Me with back to Camera talking to my Driver while standing on the front blade of an M-88 Recovery vehicle

SVCBtry3-5.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Never been in the military. Always wanted to, but i always wanted to be a fire righter so i tried that. And after years of school and classes. I havent achieved that yet. But i am still in school trying to get a career. And if this fails. Military is my next resort. I was in JROTC and went to boot camp for a week. And loved every minute of it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts