Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Banned
1,605 Posts
Smart thinking on that. All my paternal Grandpa's folks escaped from Tennessee back in the good old days. As great great uncle Davy Crockett told his homies, "Yall can go to heck..I am going to Texas." (rough paraphrase).
Hahaha!
I do like it here. Cheap living and I get paid pretty well. Lots of greenery. My gf moved here from California, mainly bcz she was tired of concrete everywhere

· Registered
11,329 Posts
My favorite neice is pretty close to runnng Smokey Mtn. National Park. She is a horse and mule lady. She is in hog heaven..so to speak. Make that mule heaven. She has a heart for mules. Been that way since she was a baby. Gonna visit the roots one of these days. You ever heard of a place called Wheeler Gap. Supposed to have been a town back in the day. Last I heard it is now called a geological feature.

· Banned
1,605 Posts
Never heard of Wheeler Gap. I'm 34 but born here.
Winters have been pretty mild most years, with a few exceptions. This year they say might be bad. I'm not really sure yet if I'd try to stay here if SHTF. There is plenty of wood around my house tho, even tho its inside city limits.

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Common reference to Missouri, anybody know the origin of the phrase "Misery"?
Cadence - marching song, sung at FT Leonardwood Mo. I am locate over by Windsor MO.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.