Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read they're good and safe for humans .is it true? The thought of taking something made for animals give me hibbie jibbies but if shtf and i gotta do it i will.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes ever since my fish got strep throat, did a lot of research on the internet and found they are both made by the same companies that make pharmaceutical drugs and the same dosage and same bottles. Only the best for my fish. Always do your own research before taking any-ones word there is a lot of information on the internet, do a search of " SHTF ANTIBIOTICS " There is another post on this site that was discussed

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-prepper-survival-talk/2946-let-s-talk-drugs.html

·
Registered
492 Posts
what are fish anti-biotics? Also should i also stock up on fish pro-biotics? Will it aid my fishies digestion? Because the yogurt i tossed in the tank just floats on the water like an albino turd. Please advise.

punch

·
Registered
365 Posts
what are fish anti-biotics? Also should i also stock up on fish pro-biotics? Will it aid my fishies digestion? Because the yogurt i tossed in the tank just floats on the water like an albino turd. Please advise.

punch
Definently, maybe

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

punch
This is something all preppers should know about and check out. Since most people can't punches Pharisaical drugs. It was known by veterinarian that the same medicine is sold for pets but don't need a prescription such as fish-mox (Amoxicillin)
Like I said above check out the follow post that was on this site there is a lot of information.
http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-prepper-survival-talk/2946-let-s-talk-drugs.html

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Yes ever since my fish got strep throat, did a lot of research on the internet and found they are both made by the same companies that make pharmaceutical drugs and the same dosage and same bottles. Only the best for my fish. Always do your own research before taking any-ones word there is a lot of information on the internet, do a search of " SHTF ANTIBIOTICS " There is another post on this site that was discussed

How the hell did you know if your fish had strep throat!!! :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
This is something all preppers should know about and check out. Since most people can't punches Pharisaical drugs.
OK... I looked up Pharisaical... here's what the online dictionary says:

"phar·i·sa·ic (fr-sk) also phar·i·sa·i·cal (-s-kl)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Pharisees.
2. Hypocritically self-righteous and condemnatory."

With that in mind... I'm not sure I want any fish antibiotics used by the Pharisees. I'm sure we have some modern versions that would work much more effectively. And... I'm not sure how punching the drug would make it more effective, but I'm willing to try. :)

Just kidding all... Please take this as humor as it was intended that way.

Reactions: punch

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The strep throat was a joke in case some one ask why I got fish mox in the refrigator.
And sorry it should have been pharmaceutical I am blaming that on the auto text get a few letters wrong and it decides the spelling I was in a hurry and didn't proof read.
But it is an important subject as antibiotics are as likely to save someone's life as having guns.

·
Registered
640 Posts
No worries, Rickky... just having fun.

And I agree on the value of antibiotics.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I really think something like fish-mox is important in a true TEOTWAWKI situation but it needs a little researching on the dosage and how long you need to take them as you need to take them for a minimum of 7 days once you start taking them (unless you have a negative reaction) even if you find out you didn't need them in the first place.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ciprofloxacin which I believe is the active ingredient please excuse me if im wrong but if I know the name of the ABO being administered I can tell you the dose and length of time to take it. Cipro is 500-750mg for 10-14days. 2-3xday and youll be fine.

I actually have a book that tells me correct dosing of most medications. Its large pocket size. Might move it from the dusty shelf nearer to my preps. Thanks for the good idea.

The activce ingredient also might be Amoxicillin based on the n ame but Id need to see a canister to really be able to tell. Ill look into that one. With ABO ointment and The fishey ABO you should do ok in an post TEOTWAWTI situation unless superbugs become prevalent but in this scenario death from illness and disease will be prevelant anyways so its only a matter of protecting yourself from others that are already sick and then your only dealing with illnesses from injuries and such in which case that type of ABO should be fine.

IMO.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Ciprofloxacin which I believe is the active ingredient please excuse me if im wrong but if I know the name of the ABO being administered I can tell you the dose and length of time to take it. Cipro is 500-750mg for 10-14days. 2-3xday and youll be fine.

I actually have a book that tells me correct dosing of most medications. Its large pocket size. Might move it from the dusty shelf nearer to my preps. Thanks for the good idea.

The activce ingredient also might be Amoxicillin based on the n ame but Id need to see a canister to really be able to tell. Ill look into that one. With ABO ointment and The fishey ABO you should do ok in an post TEOTWAWTI situation unless superbugs become prevalent but in this scenario death from illness and disease will be prevent anyways so its only a matter of protecting yourself from others that are already sick and then your only dealing with illnesses from injuries and such in which case that type of ABO should be fine.

IMO.
Free Shipping on Fish Flox & Fish Flox Forte - Ciprofloxacin 250 mg and 500 mg

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 250 is too low for humans so you would have to adjust. Id recomend the 500's as that is an actual human dose for Cipro. Great for UTI's.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Keflex is considered a broad spectrum ABO. So yes a good choice. Cipro is for some reason the ABO of choice for Urinary Tract Infections. So ladies pay heed. Get your Cipro. Itleast when I was in medicine 5 years ago. Your really not going to need more then that on average. Just know proper dosing.

If you get a MRSA or other type Superbug that requires Vancomycin or sometimes thats not even good enough and has to be administered by IV so yeah. Thats not gonna be available in a post TEOTWAWTI situation. Ive seen some head wounds and such that required some very obscure ABO's due to being fungal or other rare type infection and some have less effect because of the blood brain barrier so in general avoid deep or penetrating head wounds post SHTF. ::rambo::

Augmentin is good for young children I am not certain of the reasoning behind that but it is the go to by pediatricians it seems. Probably because it is milder on the kidneys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts