Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
This is for a class project. I'm researching/ looking for a good blade you would use in a zombie attack. I'm guessing a machete to the head would be the best, but I'm not a combat person. If a person were on drugs (unstoppable for the most part), how could he be stopped? If I had a shot gun, I can figure that one out. Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Checklist Go Is where I'll put this info. Thanks.
What the hell kind of class are you in ?

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,949 Posts
You guys are responding to a 9 year old thread our resident necromancer decided to resurrect.
The OP no longer cares for any suggestions.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
It makes a unique sound when it gets flung open. Highly similar to a .12 gauge getting racked. The mere sound makes most folks give up according to the rumors and first hand experiences. Very good on mean dogs. It can make em act nice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Knives are questionable as a defensive tools... FACT - IF you get into a knife fight, you WILL get cut and stabbed...

I love knives, collect a number of brands, carry one always... but if I'm breaking out a knife to defend myself, its a sucky day...

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Knives are questionable as a defensive tools... FACT - IF you get into a knife fight, you WILL get cut and stabbed...

I love knives, collect a number of brands, carry one always... but if I'm breaking out a knife to defend myself, its a sucky day...
Same here. The knife will come out only after they manage to take away my ASP, pepper spray, the ammo runs out and I reach the conclusion I cant out run the bad guy zombie lol.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
but if I'm breaking out a knife to defend myself, its a sucky day...

That's an odd response. We all like knives and defensive tools, we study, we seek out good trainers and most of us have gotten into trouble a time or six.

I bought some polishing stones several years ago for the knives I had lying around. I shaped the edge of these knives, making the bevels uniform and parallel, and I polished these bevels until I could see my eyes in the reflection.

Why the big deal taking several hours for this? Well, that common knife or folder can be refined into the edge of a scalpel. Oh, that bully might call you a few names, but a flashy slice to his forearm usually teaches guys like this that politeness wins out every time.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I disagree. If some fool decides to pull a firearm just think of the movements.

First the idiot moves his jacket or shirt so he can feel around for the holster just off his kidney. The Mr. Brain has to dilly-dally around for the snap feature and if he remembered just how to release it. Since this is most likely just a few feet apart, a frightened jerk to a pistol's trigger might foolishly be fired into the floor beneath him. It is possible that fear, dirt, lack of cleaning and a frozen memory might put a bullet into the idiot's own foot.

Then again I can make a smooth, silent slice into the attacker's mid-section. Even a poor slash across his stomach will produce numerous amounts of blood mixed with filthy denim. Most guys drop the weapon they are holding.

Most buffoons fire more rounds than they can successfully hit. "Knives" never need to be reloaded...

Oh, and I carry a pistol, also. Supposedly I might need such a tool, but I've never pulled it in +25 years.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Very nice butterknife, Buckman. Oh, and I like the limited, and yet sharp teeth near the ricasso. I find that I do not use this segment of a knife very often, but when you need it you really need it...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Very nice butterknife, Buckman. Oh, and I like the limited, and yet sharp teeth near the ricasso. I find that I do not use this segment of a knife very often, but when you need it you really need it...
I use that part of the blade most. I have yet to understand why such a blade is even needed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts