Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
What's the situation? In the open or in close quarters?

If you are in the open I'd got with what others have recommended, a nice comfortable machete.

If you are in close quarters, hallway, stairwell or a place you can't swing something . I'd use a plywood shield with flattened tin can cases nailed to it and a short handled spear like a Iklwa. The kind the Zulus warriors used. That way you can push at any intruder with your shield while taking care of any required business with the spear.

Disclaimer: The above recommendations are for entertainment purposes only.

Godspeed.
[/QUOTE
This is for a class project. I'm researching/ looking for a good blade you would use in a zombie attack. I'm guessing a machete to the head would be the best, but I'm not a combat person. If a person were on drugs (unstoppable for the most part), how could he be stopped? If I had a shot gun, I can figure that one out. Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Checklist Go Is where I'll put this info. Thanks.
I would forget it. Get yourself an ASP and learn how to use it. Much better than a bladed instrument in any situation that springs immediately to mind. I have a light duty model form Amazon that goes everywhere I do in case I aint up to shooting somebody..but I am trained to know how to use it lol. Might not work for an untrained rookie with a knife fetish. It packs perfect laid out sideways in the bottom of my nail apron or hung on the gun belt.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
It makes a unique sound when it gets flung open. Highly similar to a .12 gauge getting racked. The mere sound makes most folks give up according to the rumors and first hand experiences. Very good on mean dogs. It can make em act nice.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Knives are questionable as a defensive tools... FACT - IF you get into a knife fight, you WILL get cut and stabbed...

I love knives, collect a number of brands, carry one always... but if I'm breaking out a knife to defend myself, its a sucky day...
Same here. The knife will come out only after they manage to take away my ASP, pepper spray, the ammo runs out and I reach the conclusion I cant out run the bad guy zombie lol.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
I disagree. If some fool decides to pull a firearm just think of the movements.

First the idiot moves his jacket or shirt so he can feel around for the holster just off his kidney. The Mr. Brain has to dilly-dally around for the snap feature and if he remembered just how to release it. Since this is most likely just a few feet apart, a frightened jerk to a pistol's trigger might foolishly be fired into the floor beneath him. It is possible that fear, dirt, lack of cleaning and a frozen memory might put a bullet into the idiot's own foot.

Then again I can make a smooth, silent slice into the attacker's mid-section. Even a poor slash across his stomach will produce numerous amounts of blood mixed with filthy denim. Most guys drop the weapon they are holding.

Most buffoons fire more rounds than they can successfully hit. "Knives" never need to be reloaded...

Oh, and I carry a pistol, also. Supposedly I might need such a tool, but I've never pulled it in +25 years.
Sounds like the old Jack the Ripper movies were inspirational to some folks at an early age.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
My Daddy used to drink Old Milwakee Beer when it was .99 cents a six pack.Tasted too sweet like Schlitz sorta. Do yall really like that stuff? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts