Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a class project. I'm researching/ looking for a good blade you would use in a zombie attack. I'm guessing a machete to the head would be the best, but I'm not a combat person. If a person were on drugs (unstoppable for the most part), how could he be stopped? If I had a shot gun, I can figure that one out. Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Checklist Go Is where I'll put this info. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
a full size gerber machette with a saw back, would be my choice of blade in this situation but again the closer you have to get to him the more dangerous he is to you and what if he take the weapon away from you? just shoot the guy if it comes down to it, if someone is going to die, whos it to be him or you?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Probably shotgun. You can hunt small game (dove) up to big game (moose/polar bear) with it. It can fire small shot, slugs, buckshot, lead shot, steel shot, etc. You can get adjustable chokes for most shotgun barrels, so you can adjust the shot pattern.

However, you can't cut things with a shotgun, which you can do with a knife. If I had to choose between a knife/machete and a shotgun as the only tool I could have, I would choose the shotgun. You can always find a sharp rock to cut with, but you can't find another tool in nature to do what a shotgun can.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..If a person were on drugs (unstoppable for the most part), how could he be stopped?..
Blind him with a pepper spray? Are they legally on sale?
Alternatively a club might be a good idea to knock him out or at least make him stagger around dazed.
Knives would be messy because he might just keep on coming until he collapses from loss of blood which could take ages.
Of course, a gun would solve the problem easily, just blow the mofo's head off..:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to say that a reliable shotgun would be the way to go. For defensive purposes, an edged weapon is going to require you to get a lot closer than you want to be to any threat.

As mentioned earlier..... shotgun can hunt bird, small game, large game and be a good home defense / self defense weapon just by changing the load.

My .02

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
This is for a class project. I'm researching/ looking for a good blade you would use in a zombie attack. I'm guessing a machete to the head would be the best, but I'm not a combat person. If a person were on drugs (unstoppable for the most part), how could he be stopped? If I had a shot gun, I can figure that one out. Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Checklist Go Is where I'll put this info. Thanks.
Cane knife

·
Registered
473 Posts
What's the situation? In the open or in close quarters?

If you are in the open I'd got with what others have recommended, a nice comfortable machete.

If you are in close quarters, hallway, stairwell or a place you can't swing something . I'd use a plywood shield with flattened tin can cases nailed to it and a short handled spear like a Iklwa. The kind the Zulus warriors used. That way you can push at any intruder with your shield while taking care of any required business with the spear.

Disclaimer: The above recommendations are for entertainment purposes only.

Godspeed.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
What's the situation? In the open or in close quarters?

If you are in the open I'd got with what others have recommended, a nice comfortable machete.

If you are in close quarters, hallway, stairwell or a place you can't swing something . I'd use a plywood shield with flattened tin can cases nailed to it and a short handled spear like a Iklwa. The kind the Zulus warriors used. That way you can push at any intruder with your shield while taking care of any required business with the spear.

Disclaimer: The above recommendations are for entertainment purposes only.

Godspeed.
[/QUOTE
I would forget it. Get yourself an ASP and learn how to use it. Much better than a bladed instrument in any situation that springs immediately to mind. I have a light duty model form Amazon that goes everywhere I do in case I aint up to shooting somebody..but I am trained to know how to use it lol. Might not work for an untrained rookie with a knife fetish. It packs perfect laid out sideways in the bottom of my nail apron or hung on the gun belt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are restricted from ranged weapons, go classical with a medium-length to short sword; a hand-and-a-half, or a gladius, maybe a wakazashi. Maybe a cutlass or backsword. Katanas are too long for close quarters fighting. Anything shorter is, well, too short.

I am a fan of the asp for discrete carry of a defensive striking weapon, but you are talking about a melee weapon with serious offensive stabbing and chopping power.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would forget it. Get yourself an ASP and learn how to use it. Much better than a bladed instrument in any situation that springs immediately to mind. I have a light duty model form Amazon that goes everywhere I do in case I aint up to shooting somebody..but I am trained to know how to use it lol. Might not work for an untrained rookie with a knife fetish. It packs perfect laid out sideways in the bottom of my nail apron or hung on the gun belt.
Nice wand. Does it come with a top hat, cape and a bunny wabbit?

Now you see it, now you don't.

"Ahhhwwww shucks, I just got bit"

Godspeed

1 - 20 of 45 Posts