Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need tips on New Mexico survival strategies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry if this is a duplicate posting.
I'm new to this forum - hoping to establish contact with like-minded folks in the Edgewood, NM area.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a group in Edgewood already, or would you like to start one? I was actually thinking about putting a notice up in Smith's just to see if there are more preppers out here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my first day reviewing the subject and I think there are number of people that would be interested in an
Edgewood/east mountains group. You sound like a good leader candidate! :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swrep said:
This is my first day reviewing the subject and I think there are number of people that would be interested in an
Edgewood/east mountains group. You sound like a good leader candidate! :)
I don't have much time or money, so I don't know about the leadership aspect, but I can contribute something. It would be nice to know the like minded people in the community so we can collectively purchase bulk items, buy/sell/trade stuff. I know there are over 100 HAM radio operators in the area, but I don't know any of them or if they are preppers. They would be nice to know when the SHTF. I am a nurse, so I could offer limited medical services. I have some knowledge of herbs and alternative medicine. No scholar by any means, but enough to help someone through something.
I think I will work on that flyer this weekend. I can put it up at Smith's and maybe some feed stores. any idea where else one could go?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good idea on the Ham operators. There might be a club or listing; I'll look into it.
WalMart might be a good place to post the flyer.
I'm a retired L.E. officer, so I can contribute experience in that field.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome ::clapping::

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if my message got through, but I found a list of 113 Amateur radio operators
in the Edgewood area. I may attend their meeting next month. I'll bet there are a number of preppers
in that group.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be great. Not knowing what is going on in the outside world is one of my greatest fears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the Santa Fe area and would be interested in such a group. Any prep or survivalist groups up here n Santa Fe? Would lIke to share ideas. Also was wondering where one can get those clean square like plastic (250 gal?) containers with cage around them for possibly storing potable water. I've seen them on pickups occasionally. Thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw some on Craigs List. They were asking $100 for them, $80 if 3 or more were purchased. They were listed under Albuquerque. I don't know if they are still listed. I live in the East Mountain area, but in the far southwest corner of Santa Fe County.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Just Found this part of the forum. I am in the four corners, and Alb...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
We must have more people here in NM...random thoughts....would love to be involved with some people so that we could buy large quantity and divide it..Anyone here going to KID ROCK?? at the ampitheater? Wanna have a beer?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am in the cotton country by Lubbock, TX. Those white plastic containers with the metal cage ALL contain numerous chemicals from hydrogen peroxide to Roundup and stuff more toxic. I have looked into them because they would be great for water, BUT none are usable.

I have checked with several chemical companys and all discourage them for anything other than what they were made for. They are not "food grade" which means chemical can leach into the plastic even with complete cleaning. I thought the hydrogen peroxide ones would be ok but the consentration is too great to take a chance. No one has a source for getting them new and even if you could the cost would be too much.

I am staying with my 55, 35, and 5 gallon food grade blue barrels. They take up a lot of room, but I know it will be clean when we need them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there saahnairb I just started an account on this forum and have not even made a profile yet. I know its been a while since you asked but I am in Santa and have been for nine years. Are you still around? I am hoping to find peoper for mutual assistance group or just to have someone to talk with. most of my people in my life are pretty into things being normal and stating that way

1 - 20 of 30 Posts