Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as normal to obtain a firearms license is not always that easy in many places, impossible in some others. I am trying to get one where we are but, it's one of those things which Go, on and on, and on! And at the end you may not even get what your after. Anyway, I am still trying to wade through all the crap, and it can take up to 1 . or 1.5 years get a get pistol ticket. Same with rifle stuff.

So, I am trying my very best to find ways around this problem. The good thing is here in Bulgaria there are completely no restrictions on air powered arms. So I have opted for the big bore Sam Yang 909 super gun. Now for a PCP powered air gun they are no toy ! Up to 150 yards it will take down bore, a man, and deer without a problem. Infact in most cases at 60, or 80 yards it’s probably going to make a bigger mess of you than a normal hunting rifle. 4.57 cal 220 grain hollow point, slow speed around 550 mph it’s going to rip you up. With some good sights it’s a reasonable alternative, along with a compound cross bow I have.
But the main thing I am struggling with here is inside the compound situation, 10 to 25 yards. I need that semi auto type pistol which is going to take down, stop 2,3,4 guys trying to jump in. So I thought what about a similar alternative PCP air gun but a pistol. WOW, what an ass, can’t find one anywhere. They all seem to be these ( toys, replicas) of the real thing, 5 or 10 shot mags. C02, or PCP, 1.77, 22 cal or 6.35 cal only pushing out about 8 to 20 tops ft/lbs. I maybe wrong, but It’s not enough punch, you need that 9mm or 357,cal slug at least delivering 50 to 80 ft/lbs semi auto 5 to 10 + rounds to shock and stop someone being the bad guy. But I can’t find a thing which seem to fit the bill .
Does anyone here know of a air PCP or something which could man up to the job of stopping someone even 3 or 4 at up to 15 or 20 ish yards, which is semi auto. Run out of ideas on this one. ANYONE OUT THERE GOT AN INPUT ON THIS ONE! I am all out of steam on it :roll:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
iceman, I had a little time to kill, waking up drinking my morning coffee, so I tried to help you out, but all I done was probably cover the same ground you did, about all I came up with: was AirForce TalonP PCP Air Pistol, Spin-Loc Tank, it's .25 at 900fps 1 shot cap, or Evanix Hunting Master AR6 6 rounds 1,000fps pcp 6round cap .22 cal. best I could do. I only spent about 10 minutes searching perhaps you can have custom built?
I think I know what you are wanting, not sure it's made or even can be made? If you find out let us know ok? Best of luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The BIG question is, what would be the ft/lbs min and cal size min to stop, or make that guy think twice about coming on in. If 1, 2 or 3 shots is enough to stop them from coming on in, thats reasonable. After all I am not looking to mop some guys brains off the wall later, just make them limp or run off and think about not coming back.

would 680f/ps 21 ft/lbs .25 cal of hard hitting slug do it from 15 yards? you guys who know more than me, give an idea, or are they going to just get even MORE PISSED AT ME ?

I was looking at something like this; But any pointers would be helpful guys; I would go for the 6.35 mil version, bigger punch!

SPEC;

Air pistol + carbine air rifle Hatsan AT-P2 6.35 mm.

Muzzle Velocity: 255 m/sec.
Energy: 22 ft.lbs/30 Joules

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_AT_P1_PCP_Air_Pistol/2964

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok as normal to obtain a firearms license is not always that easy in many places, impossible in some others. I am trying to get one where we are but, it's one of those things which Go, on and on, and on! And at the end you may not even get what your after. Anyway, I am still trying to wade through all the crap, and it can take up to 1 . or 1.5 years get a get pistol ticket. Same with rifle stuff.

So, I am trying my very best to find ways around this problem. The good thing is here in Bulgaria there are completely no restrictions on air powered arms. So I have opted for the big bore Sam Yang 909 super gun. Now for a PCP powered air gun they are no toy ! Up to 150 yards it will take down bore, a man, and deer without a problem. Infact in most cases at 60, or 80 yards it's probably going to make a bigger mess of you than a normal hunting rifle. 4.57 cal 220 grain hollow point, slow speed around 550 mph it's going to rip you up. With some good sights it's a reasonable alternative, along with a compound cross bow I have.
But the main thing I am struggling with here is inside the compound situation, 10 to 25 yards. I need that semi auto type pistol which is going to take down, stop 2,3,4 guys trying to jump in. So I thought what about a similar alternative PCP air gun but a pistol. WOW, what an ass, can't find one anywhere. They all seem to be these ( toys, replicas) of the real thing, 5 or 10 shot mags. C02, or PCP, 1.77, 22 cal or 6.35 cal only pushing out about 8 to 20 tops ft/lbs. I maybe wrong, but It's not enough punch, you need that 9mm or 357,cal slug at least delivering 50 to 80 ft/lbs semi auto 5 to 10 + rounds to shock and stop someone being the bad guy. But I can't find a thing which seem to fit the bill .
Does anyone here know of a air PCP or something which could man up to the job of stopping someone even 3 or 4 at up to 15 or 20 ish yards, which is semi auto. Run out of ideas on this one. ANYONE OUT THERE GOT AN INPUT ON THIS ONE! I am all out of steam on it :roll:
Done some tests, teeshirt, average jumper, and normal type coat material over a good sized paperback book, all against a half inch plywood boad, from around 15 and 20 yards. Conclusion, I would not wanna be hit by a slug from the Hatsan AT-P2, 6.35mm PCP gun. Also calculated flesh wound depth from computer prog, I know it's only rough and an idea, but your looking at 6 to 9 inch Penetration. Thats gotta Hurt man, A lot. Unless your on LSD or some nutter drug of course, then we need the Barrett 50 cal. hahaha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts