Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's "reality tv" and all but I get a kick out of it! New season starts tomarrow and I for one am Happy Happy Happy!

Reactions: GTGallop

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ya know, I am about SICK of reality television!!! With that said, I have seen a half dozen episodes of Duck Dynasty and liked them very much.. They are all about family but like to screw off. I haven't seen any of them off getting in trouble or anything like that.. I want to start from the beginning and watch them in order. I just read where they signed a new contract for $200,000 per episode but they split everything even between the 20 family members INCLUDING the children.. That is ok in my book!

I watched a few episodes of a show called Bayou Billionaire where this Cajun family was sellin oil or gas on there land and received a check every month.. They were pretty backwoods and out of the box but was still better than the housewives and the kardashisluts... The one daughters boyfriend that looks like a Pug was crazier than a shit house rat but was pretty funny...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read two books, Duck Commander Family by Willie & Korie Robertson. And Happy Happy Happy by Phil Robertson, basically tells life stories starting out in the early days of Duck Commander. These folks came from nothing and are where they are now. It's a Cinderella story if I ever saw one! If y'all enjoy books I highly recommend both of them. Best regards,Mike

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I absolutely love the fact that they PRAY and have family meals. Yes Im sure its pretty scripted, but I enjoy seeing the guys "do anything to get out of work"..
Facebook reported that the producers asked them to stop the prayers, and were told "no prayers, no show" JACK..I dont know if its absolute truth, but so much better than watching a bunch of dumbasses from JERSEY or some othre drivel..

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Mrs Inor and I really do not watch TV, so I have not ever seen Duck Dynasty. But from what I hear, it sounds pretty good. If it is on DVD, we may have to pick it up and try it.

We do have a subscription to GBTV and they had a show for a while called "Independence USA". It was reality show about a family (dad, mom, adult daughter and adult son) in eastern PA that were working on becoming preppers. The shows never got into much detail of the stuff they were building, but it is just fun to watch. Also, they are a completely functional family. Everybody gets along. Nobody gets arrested or shows up drunk and half-naked. It also does not depict them as some kind of crazy people like the National Geographic prepper show does. I suppose by modern standards, it is a pretty boring show. But we like it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My favorite show, it is non-scripted.... They may give them ideas on things but when the camera goes on they just do what they want and its funny as all hell. Phil and Si are people I would hang out with!!

Doc

Reactions: 71Chevrolet

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
No time for TV and don't want to make the time for it. I have time to read, invent, build and do things for my wife but not for TV. TV is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Love Duck Dynasty! We don't miss many episodes, my kids have been down there to Duck Commander and enjoyed that. Just finished reading the book by Phil, and it was a good easy read. Its probably one of the most wholesome shows on TV, they don't cuss and have fits, there is no drinking. Just hunting, fishing, and praying. But they are a hoot to watch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love Duck Dynasty! We don't miss many episodes, my kids have been down there to Duck Commander and enjoyed that. Just finished reading the book by Phil, and it was a good easy read. Its probably one of the most wholesome shows on TV, they don't cuss and have fits, there is no drinking. Just hunting, fishing, and praying. But they are a hoot to watch.
I read his book too, it was good. There is another book called "Duck Commander Family" by Willie and his wife Korie that is good as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts